To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hamilton, NJ
- Michael Baker International
- Phone: (703) 640-3292
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Michael Baker International • Hamilton, NJ
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Who is Michael Baker International? Why would I want to work there?
Michael Baker International provides engineering, planning and consulting services for government, private and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference.
Why do we do what we do; why is it important?
For most of us, our work enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
So what does a Transportation Engineer at Michael Baker International do?
As a part of our Transportation Engineering Team, the Transportation Engineer is responsible for concept development as well as traffic capacity and alternatives analysis of civil engineering and infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, and airports. You will leverage your engineering knowledge and skills to prepare basic studies, capacity analyses, alternatives development, maps, reports and supporting documentation and calculations. Depending on your experience, you may have the opportunity to instruct entry level engineers and interns in techniques, standards, and processes.
Can you walk me through a typical day of a Transportation Engineer?
- The best part being a Transportation Engineer in Michael Baker's Hamilton office is that no two days will be the same. You will face different challenges every day, some of which will be extraordinarily complex.
- Most days will be spent in the office preparing studies, alternative analyses, technical reports and drawings as well as coordinating with technicians to ensure timely and accurate document and drawing preparation.
- On some days, you will make field visits to project sites to investigate, record, and photograph local conditions.
- You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
- We are committed to the growth of our internal personnel and we support this with world class learning and development, including internal training in technical and management areas that leads to career advancement.
- As your knowledge and capabilities increase you will be able to explore our technical management, project management and technical career paths.
Could you be the Transportation Engineer we are looking for?
- You'll need a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, and 4 to 6 years of related transportation engineering experience for clients such as state departments of transportation, toll road authorities, and/or planning agencies.
- You will need a Professional Engineer's license in NJ.
- To be successful, you'll need to be bright, organized, and determined; you'll also need to be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people. You will need the ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to long term success in this role.
- You'll need to be able to quickly get up to speed on our policy, procedures and relevant software while acquiring an understanding of the company's service offerings, and the client's standards and procedures relevant to your projects.
- Naturally, you'll need computer skills (Microsoft Office), with the ability to utilize CAD software like AutoCAD and MicroStation and be proficient in traffic analysis software such as HCM.
- It would be a plus if you already know how to uses some of the software above.
- Select the Apply Online button at the top or bottom of this ad, and provide us your resume.
- If you want to do some more digging first, please check out our , and pages.
Hamilton, New Jersey