Move trailers of product around the yard in and out of docks by operating yard switcher in tight spaces. Yard switcher includes moving trailers , operating under safety procedures, checking vehicle maintenance and services.
• Use an 18-wheeler cab to move dressed axle front & rear products for Freightliner.
• Read and understand the schedule and have trucks moved to satisfy customer’s delivery requirements.
• Following all site safety rules and safe operating practices.
• Adhering to all work instructions and completing all quality checks as defined in the control plans.
• Meeting all site attendance expectations.
• Report all accidents and near miss incidents immediately.
• Maintain excellent housekeeping at all times.
• Job function may include jobs associated with minor maintenance and material handling of front and rear axles.
• Be an effective team member and help other operators within the Team when needed. Working as a team member is essential to the successful operation of the Team.
• Material Switchers may be asked to perform more than one function per day to assist material flow.
• Must be able to work required overtime as scheduled.
• Job function may require candidate to train new employees.
• Operators may also be required to run various pneumatic tools and hoists.
• Operators may be asked to perform more than one function per day to assist with material flow.
Physical and Mental Demands:
• Constant standing and movement (bending, stooping, lifting) to perform various functions.
• Required to move front and rear axles and brake components.
• Use of overhead hoist or lift truck will be required in making some set ups as well as the use of air tools.
• Exercise sound judgment in reacting to problems inherent to the process.
Requirements: We need to know what’s required vs. preferred
• A High School Diploma or GED certificate is required.
• Candidate must have at least six months of truck driving experience.
• Valid Class A CDL License highly preferred
• Forklift experience required
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Forklift Truck
- Materials Management
- Team Working