You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Materials Yard Switcher
Move trailers of product around the yard in and out of docks by operating yard switcher in tight spaces. Yard switcher includes moving trailers , operating under safety procedures, checking vehicle maintenance and services.
• Use an 18-wheeler cab to move dressed axle front & rear products for Freightliner.
• Read and understand the schedule and have trucks moved to satisfy customer’s delivery requirements.
• Following all site safety rules and safe operating practices.
• Adhering to all work instructions and completing all quality checks as defined in the control plans.
• Meeting all site attendance expectations.
• Report all accidents and near miss incidents immediately.
• Maintain excellent housekeeping at all times.
• Job function may include jobs associated with minor maintenance and material handling of front and rear axles.
• Be an effective team member and help other operators within the Team when needed. Working as a team member is essential to the successful operation of the Team.
• Material Switchers may be asked to perform more than one function per day to assist material flow.
• Must be able to work required overtime as scheduled.
• Job function may require candidate to train new employees.
• Operators may also be required to run various pneumatic tools and hoists.
• Operators may be asked to perform more than one function per day to assist with material flow.
Physical and Mental Demands:
• Constant standing and movement (bending, stooping, lifting) to perform various functions.
• Required to move front and rear axles and brake components.
• Use of overhead hoist or lift truck will be required in making some set ups as well as the use of air tools.
• Exercise sound judgment in reacting to problems inherent to the process.
Requirements: We need to know what’s required vs. preferred
• A High School Diploma or GED certificate is required.
• Candidate must have at least six months of truck driving experience.
• Valid Class A CDL License highly preferred
• Forklift experience required
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Forklift Truck
- Materials Management
- Team Working
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 210000HL
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.