You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Warehouse Assistant- Chantilly, Virginia
The Warehouse Assistant will assist the Warehouse Manager in taking care of various aspects of everyday functioning of the warehouse, including but not limited to shipping and receiving. This position will maintain inventory and will assist in ensuring a clean and organized warehouse is maintained. They are responsible for following all security and safety programs to maintain safe and efficient warehouse conditions
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain all inventory and assist in maintaining a clean and organized warehouse.
- Maintain all warehouse equipment in a safe and working condition.
- Manage data entry to accurately track goods quantities and locations.
- Safely operate warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Test mechanical products or equipment.
- Install, maintain, and dispose batteries.
- Lift, load, and unload trucks
- Forklift operations, must have completed OSHA safety classes prior to operating
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
To be successful in this position, the Warehouse Assistant must demonstrate excellent organization skills and work as a team player.
He/she must have the ability to establish and maintain relationships with other staff, employees, and the general public. The Warehouse Assistant must be able communicate clearly and effectively with all parties.
It is also vital for the Warehouse Assistant to comply with all company safety programs, policies and procedures. The Warehouse Assistant must be able to pass a drug screening test and work in a drug free workplace
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Skills, and Education)
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Ability to use hand, power and pneumatic tools, read tape measure.
- Forklift experience required, two (2) years’ experience preferred.
- OSHA Certified in Forklift Operations
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of rigging, cranes, and commercial moving and storage
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to adjust straps, move equipment and perform daily duties; reach with hands and arms; push feet to operate forklift; pull handles and grasp equipment; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to work in a highly functioning team environment. Display the highest levels of honesty, integrity and professionalism. Take pride in your work and in the company. Communicate openly and strive for peak performance in daily tasks. Know and deliver the quality service MEI’s customers have come to expect.
This job description is intended to summarize the type and level of work performed by the incumbent and is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
MEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Data Entry
- Forklift Truck
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g35ntas
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.