Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of semi-monthly and monthly billing.
- Verifies information and maintains accounts receivable reports including but not limited to open invoices and aging reports.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure proper charging of cost and review of invoices.
- Review billable charge codes in labor distribution and identify potential errors before the billing cycle starts.
- Responsible for collecting supporting billing documentation.
- Analyze monthly status reports and provide reporting information to project managers.
- Assists with special accounting projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in billing/accounts receivable.
- Recent experience (within the past two years) with Deltek Costpoint is required.
- Demonstrated hands on experience in billing and accounts receivable.
- Experience preparing general ledger account reconciliations.
- Demonstrated experience with Excel.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional responsibilities, adjust quickly to changing priorities, work well in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Standard Accounting Practices