$85000.00 to $110000.00 yearly
A current opening through Robert Half Finance, seeks an ambitious, determined Controller to join the team at a prominent services company. The leadership position is responsible for an accounting and clerical department. The Controller plans and directs all accounting operational functions, handles the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluates accounting and internal control systems, and leads departmental staff. Working with this company, you will receive competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, as well as strong career growth. We are searching for an individual who can motivate others with a positive detail oriented attitude; displays integrity, reliability and leadership; and can offer outstanding client services by managing self and other with urgency, practicality and accountability. Additionally, you will handle key decisions and challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As a leader, you will encourage innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and support creativity in your area of responsibility. The full-time Controller position is situated in the Lithonia, Georgia area.
- Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management
- Assess, execute and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Ensure client satisfaction by reviewing deliverables of self and team
- Manage finance department operations, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Present executive committee and partners with monthly financial reports
- Advance Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed, with research, planning and implementation
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them monthly
- Flexible in completing tasks beyond formal job responsibilities
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure that firm-wide operation is efficient and effective
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Time monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is punctual
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Earlier experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
- Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Comprehensive knowledge of month end closings
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)