Founded in 1853, we are more than the world’s leading provider of environmental solutions…
We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients’ energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes.
Veolia North America has an immediate need and exciting opportunity for…
CDL Driver Responsible for safely transporting hazardous and non-hazardous materials from the customer site to the appropriate designated sites using van trailers, straight trucks, flatbeds, tankers, roll-off frames, or other waste carrying equipment. Ensures that the condition of the material packaging meets the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) specifications, inspects manifests and shipping paperwork for accuracy, and maintains current transportation permits for all areas traveled. Abides by all regulations set forth by DOT, EPA, state and local governments, and VES-TS policies and procedures. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform daily inspections of vehicle and/or trailer prior to driving to ensure safety and integrity of equipment going to designated sites.
• Prior to transporting materials reviews shipment records, manifests, container labeling, vehicle placards, and integrity of loaded drums, roll-off boxes or bulk tankers.
• Ensure that DOT requirements such as vehicle weight limits; driver log books, Vehicle Inspection Records, transportation permits, special permits
, insurance cards, fuel trip reports, IFTA fuel stickers, or other paperwork is up to date and valid.
• Consults with customers pertaining to load conditions, drum counts, container marking (labeling) and/
or paperwork inconsistencies to ensure that materials can be properly transported to designated site(s).
• Notify immediate supervisor of any moving violations and/or accidents in-route to and/or from sites.
• Assist in the loading/unloading of materials at designated sites utilizing appropriate equipment. Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for housekeeping of the truck interior and exterior
• Application of traction devices when applicable due to state DOT law.
• Other duties as assigned Education/Experience:
• High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required
• Prior commercial driving experience required
• Valid Class A, B or C Commercial Driving License (CDL) as required
• Hazmat (H) endorsement required
• Tanker Endorsement required
• 40-Hour HAZWOPER training
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
• Familiarity with U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations pertaining to the transportation of hazardous and non-hazardous materials
• Strong team player
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks
• Strong customer service orientation
Packaging And Labeling
Hazardous Waste Operations And Emergency Response Standard (Hazwoper)