To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wayne, NJ 07470
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Contracts Summer Internship Program
BAE Systems • Wayne, NJ
Posted 16 days ago
The Contracts Summer Internship Program at BAE Systems offers participants exciting and challenging work assignments as well as training and mentoring. Interns will gain real world work experience within the Contracts function in a fast pace highly competitive work environment. In addition, Interns will have face-to-face contact with senior/executive level leadership through leadership lunches, one-on-one meetings, and training events. At the end of the summer, Interns can choose to have an interview for the Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP) and/or the Contracts Leadership Development Program (CLDP), which may result in a full-time position that would begin the following summer.
Applicants must post resumes to the BAE Systems’ Career Website by November 1, 2017
Responsibilities may include:
- Participating in a six-week intern group project to include the following:
- Simulate realistic proposal process
- Simulate customer negotiation
- Final Presentation evaluation by senior management
- Support Contract Administrators with relevant work, to include:
- Proposal preparation, contract negotiations, fact finding, contract analysis, and administration, and Government audit activities
- Assisting with the execution of contracts and the facets of working with contract customers, which may include the U.S. Government, Commercial Customers, International Customers, and Prime U.S. Government Contractors
- Conducting contract closeout by working with other program functions to ensure all steps in the closeout process are complete
- Reviewing contract modifications and administering contract change notices and special sales orders in Oracle.
- Formulation of customer communications via email and/or formal letters
- Gain knowledge and familiarity with Government (FAR/DFAR) and commercial contract language
- Scheduling and reporting deliveries
- Preparing and executing Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Associate Contractor Agreements (ACAs), Export Licensing Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs), and Memorandums of Agreements (MOAs)
- Support weekly, monthly or quarterly reports; as required by the Business Area
- Compiling and maintaining contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and company policies
- Completing applicable training
- Fulfilling special projects as required
- College Junior with a Business Administration or Liberal Arts Major (Graduating in December 2018 thru May 2019)
- Good academic standing (GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Long term interest in a career in Business with a concentration in Contracts
- Ability to work for at least ten (10) consecutive weeks during the summer
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
Required Start Date:
June 4, 2018 (non-negotiable)
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression