R&D Inspector & Operator / Jacksonville, FL
Kelly Services is currently seeking a R&D Inspector & Operator for one of our top clients in Jacksonville, FL.
As a R&D Inspector & Operator placed with Kelly Services you will be responsible for performing a specialized set of tasks as part of a team to include, but not limited to visual inspection, hydration, lens loading, packaging audit process, Haynes Machine, sterilization and over-labeling of contact lenses according to protocols and GMP. In addition, operator must be trained in all of the following; visual inspection, pilot line hydration process and/or Haynes packaging machine. Assist Process Engineering Technicians and Protocol Originators in executing investigational and clinical protocols, gathering data for experiments in making non-clinical and clinical lenses. Maintains accurate documentation to ensure adherence to GMP, FDA and ISO regulations. Adheres to safety and environmental policies and procedures and supports department safety and environmental objectives.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all of the following tasks; Visual Inspection/Hydration/Haynes Machine Packaging and Sterilization of contact lenses. (65%)
- Maintains lot integrity and control to ensure compliance with FDA, GMP, ISO and company requirements. (5%)
- Solution Preparation and Solution testing. (5%)
- Performs other related duties as required by management. (5%)
- Prepares documentation for research process. (5%)
- Operates and monitors sterilization unit, completing appropriate documentation and responding to equipment alarms. (5%)
- Conducts routine safety and environmental audits as required. (5%)
- Conducts basic Preventive Maintenance tasks as scheduled. (5%)
- Volume or unit measure of job duties: (List the volume of those duties, which are repetitive in nature:
- Package 4,800 Lenses per 8 hr shift.
- Lens load 4,800 lens from trays and/or cups into primary package per 8 hr shift.
- Visually inspect 1600 lens per 8 hr shift.
- Equipment usage and abilities needed: Personal Computer, Printer, Telephone, Facsimile, Copier, Calculator, Microsoft Office products, Software as required, Mettler /Toledo PH and Conductivity meter. The Advance Micro-Osmeter, Basic hand tools, drum dolly.
- Conditions & Physical Demands of Job: Stooping, Crouching, Walking, Pulling, Grasping, Hearing, Kneeling, Reaching, Pushing, Talking, Standing, Fingering, Crawling, Repetitive Motions, Climbing, Feeling, Medium work, Machine Operator
- Minimum education required for competent performance: High School Degree or equivalent. Preferred Associate Degree
- Minimum experience (number of month/years and type of work experience beyond formal education) required for competent performance: 2+ years working experience in a regulated environment preferred.
- Strong communication, organizational and application of principles, concepts and practices of protocol execution.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. To be considered for the position; please apply online. If you have questions about the position; you can call Phone number blocked - click to apply.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Packaging And Labeling