We have an exciting opportunity for a Java Technical Lead with our industry-leading client in Bethesda.
Due to federal security contract requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. We offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Responsibilities of the Java Technical Lead:
- Lead a team of 7 Java and .Net software developers to create or enhance web based software for a Government customer
- Develop and implement organization-wide information models for use in designing and building integrated, shared software and database management systems
- Provide architecture oversight and new and emerging technology evaluation
- Take direction from the customer and assist in developing lifecycle documentation in addition to required coding standards
Requirements of the Java Technical Lead:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline required (or equivalent)
- Eight years related experience is considered equivalent to BS. In addition to the degree the candidate needs at least 10 years of experience in the field
- Scrum Master certification is required, proficient with Microsoft product suite
- Experienced Java developer; designing and developing J2EE capable web sites
- Detailed understanding of the software lifecycle process and have worked in an Agile environment
- Productive player in all aspects of an Agile software development lifecycle
- Desired: Knowledge of Struts 2, Spring, and Hibernate, experience with JBoss AS, JUnit/Mockito, Ant, Linux, and Continuous Integratio, experience developing REST-based web services
Job ID: 319137
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a URL blocked - click to apply!
Java (Programming Language)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)
Java Script (Programming Language)