You might be the Systems Engineer Robert Half Technology is looking for. Apply today! This position is a key contributor to the maintenance and optimization of the client's network and wireless infrastructure, so our Systems Engineer must be prepared for such duties. This long-term temporary-to-full-time employment opportunity is based in the Stamford, Connecticut area. Apply as soon as possible!
- Register and conserve custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Establish standards to actively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Administrate backup, security, and redundancy strategies
- Coordinate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Test, maintain, install, and configure system management tools, operating systems, and application software
- Preside over and regulate all installed systems and infrastructure
- Follow and analyze application performance for potential bottlenecks, detect possible solutions, and work together with developers to fulfill those fixes
- Assist in the design of information and operational support systems
- Give 2nd and 3rd level support
- This position will be the best fit for a candidate who has experience with automation software - If you're looking for job openings and have proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems, you might be a good fit for this position - You might be a good fit for this position if you have experience with virtualization and containerization - If you have solid scripting skills, you will be strongly preferred for this position - If you have solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks, you will be strongly preferred for this position - If you have experience with monitoring systems, you will be strongly preferred for this position - It is preferred for applicants to have solid networking knowledge - MS Windows 10 experience highly desired - Earlier work involving MS Windows Server 2012 - General familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server - Windows Azure experience preferred - Azure Active Directory experience - Proven knowledge of Hyper-V - Command of Azure SQL Database - Practical knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server OS - Well-founded grasp of Microsoft Hyper-V - Quality experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 - Wide ranging experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 - Strong familiarity with Microsoft Azure
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at
or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Systems Engineer.
Windows Server 2008