ECS is seeking a Software Engineer to work in our Crystal City/ Arlington VA office.
- Formulate/define specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacture.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document those programs.
- Assist on all phases of software programming applications.
- Evaluate new and existing software products.
- Evaluate reusability of current data for additional analyses.
- Must have a Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- MS in Computer Science with 2 years’ experience or BS with 4 years’ experience
- Must have 3 years of experience in Python
- Micro-service & containerization experience
- Experience with Git
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in developing in a Micro services environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology.
- Prefer AWS/Cloud experience.
- Strong Communication skills
- AWS Certification
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies on the fly
- Ability to communicate with customers to refine requirements
- Ability to deconstruct customer requirements into delineated tasks
- Being a team player
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Top Secret (Ts Clearance)
Sensitive Compartmented Information (Sci Clearance)
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development