Senior Project Coordinator
This position will provide support for portfolio and project management functions in the Project Management Office. The Senior Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting work related to: execution of our Project Management Methodology, activities of the Project Management Committee, the project status reporting process, maintenance of project management artifacts and tools, and general support of all Project Management Office functions.
* Develops expertise in the enterprise portfolio and project tracking tool in order to:
o performs analysis and reporting on the project portfolio;
o provides training, expertise, and overall support to project managers and IT/IS teams in their use of the tool.
* Analyzes and updates necessary systems and reports to ensure that portfolio and project status is maintained with complete accuracy.
* Supports the Project Management Committee and other committees and meetings as needed by managing agendas, attendance, presentation materials, minutes, and action items.
* Maintains the Project Management Office SharePoint site.
* Manages, updates, and publishes the Portfolio List.
* Manages the project status reporting process, ensuring adherence to procedures and completion of the final report.
* Maintains project management artifacts.
* Provide support to project managers to ensure projects deliver on time, successfully, and within budget.
* Provides support in managing project budgets.
* Leads smaller scale, lower risk projects and manage all activities in the project lifecycle. Projects are typically department focused and/or lower in risk, scope and complexity, or projects/workstreams within a larger enterprise-wide program.
* Performs other tasks as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 5-7 years' experience in general business environment including project management, project coordination and/or administrative experience.
* Strong understanding of project management practices and procedures and prior experience working in a project management office.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) as well as interpersonal skills.
* Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, Visio, and Word.
* Effective in a culture of teamwork, collaboration and accountability.
* Ability to work under tight deadlines.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Highly organized with the ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks.
* Results-oriented and self-motivated.