If you are an experienced Account Representative looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for an Account Representative. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as an Account Representative will include:
- Responsible for enterprise wide product knowledge and corresponding mill standards and be able to make determinations of how to match with the customer’s requirements and business needs
- Maintain open and direct communication with customers to ensure a complete understanding of their needs and requirements
- Proactively identify issues that may inhibit customer satisfaction
- Process orders received from customers and sales team on a timely basis, using various technology applications
- Transportation mode planning for excess freight reduction
- Manage customer specific inventory to minimize aged inventory
- Provide prompt communication to the customer and sales rep regarding existing challenges in meeting requested ship dates
- Track orders and initiate changes per customer or sales requests to ensure on-time delivery
- Analyze inventory levels and make decisions to fill orders from inventory to best improve delivery time and manage to the lowest inventory levels. Also ensure customers are moving product as agreed
- Act as a liaison between customers, Production Planning and logistics throughout the order-to-cash cycle
- Proactively manage exceptions and be able to use discretion and influence to mitigate cost to serve
- Provide market intelligence to the business by visiting customers to develop relationships and become educated on the needs of their business
- Work both independently and with the business unit team to manage customer needs
- Participate in a collaborative, cross-functional Sales Planning process; measuring and developing actionable improvement plans for key performance metrics
- Provide short term plan adjustments as necessary in response to unexpected events
- Develop and maintain a relationship with customers to ensure product availability and zero stock-outs of critical SKU's
- Track and reconcile weekly/monthly metrics versus established targets
- Utilize data from various sources for optimal decision making
- Advise on and implement process improvements
- The Account Specialist will communicate with customers, sales, transportation, mills, technical associates, claims, billing and credit departments.
- The position will provide account management and maintain master file data, handle trials, load optimization, delivery tracking and creating/maintaining reporting to customers.
As an Account Representative, you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in one of the following disciplines: business, supply chain, or industrial engineer or 10 years’ experience
- Experience in customer service, account relationship and order management
- Strong problem solving and verbal skills with ability to communicate with all levels including Executive and Senior management.
- High level proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to work with cross functional team partners to resolve issues to maintain customer satisfaction
- Work proactively to complete all tasks timely, accurately, and completely
- Experience to anticipate customer requirements and integrate requirements into supply chain practices; strong customer focus
- Self-motivated and eager to take on new challenges
Additional traits that are desirable:
- Team environment
- Quick learner
- Working in multiple systems
As an Account Representative with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 41 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Account Representative Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Keywords: customer service, account management, order management
Complex Problem Solving
Process Improvements (Business)