Plant Manager (DIRECT HIRE) in Orange, CA
Corestaff Services is seeking a top notch Plant Manager to work for one of our fastest growing customers, a food manufacturer located in Orange California. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a privately held food manufacturer that has done 2 acquisitions in the last 18 months.. This is a DIRECT HIRE position and the schedule is within standard business hours. the salary is open to negotiation. Please see below for Job description.
- Develop and execute strategies to manage insurable risks
- Responsible to build a Safety-First culture.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure all manufacturing processes are consistent with company policy and expectations.
- Develop department managers and associates to the fullest extent of their ability while maintaining positive engagement.
- Direction of production activities to ensure outputs meet volume and quality requirements.
- Insure operational compliance with all regulatory requirements including FDA, OSHA, etc.
- Provide direction and oversight to maintenance and technical support activities to reduce time, maximize production and ensure proper care of plan and equipment.
- Ensures quality control and quality assurance processes are in place and effectively administrated consistent with Company policies.
- Drive activities and processes to promote safety and the creation of a safety conscious work force.
- Actively participate in business planning process including the development of the facility operational plan, plant financial budges, and the development of the business long range plan.
- Effectively model and promote the company values.
- Responsible for building a sustainable and motivated organization with high expectations around process improvement and product quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related discipline
- 10 years in a FDA regulated business (food, pharmaceuticals, medical)
- 5 years of plant management responsibilities
Skills and Ability:
- Strong understanding of operations management including modern quality management tools and the ability to drive continuous process improvement.
- Strong understanding of financial results and cost management practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements including FDA, OSHA, etc.
- Competency in computer use including Microsoft Office and internal ERP systems.
- Ability to develop a deep knowledge of Company’s manufacturing process and products.
- Strong leadership ability, including team development and coaching.
- Self-motivated and confident professional who can / will demonstrate company values.
- High customer service orientation.
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project
- Prior experience in the consumer-packaged goods industry preferred
- Bilingual, English and Spanish a plus
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.
Business Process Improvement