If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Outpatient Certified Medical Assistant Nephrology Flormann Street Clinic Full Time and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
RHMC-RC Flormann St. Nephrology
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Day (United States of America)
The Medical Assistant utilizes a progressive, cooperative effort to provide direct patient care as authorized by a provider. Demonstrates knowledge of standards, policies/procedures and integrates knowledge into delivery of care. A Medical Assistant is under the responsibility and direct supervision of a person licensed to practice medicine in the state of South Dakota.
- Accurately administers medications, immunizations accurately and in accordance with clinic policy.
- Collaboratively works with other staff members to assist providers and patients in quality care. Assist the non-clinical staff as directed in making patient care decisions within their scope of practice.
- Collects specimens, vital signs, assesses level of functioning, and reports/documents accordingly, as well as reporting to the nurse in charge in a timely fashion
- Completes all assigned clerical activities.
- Contributes to patient assessment and participates in the implementation of nursing intervention.
- Contributes to the permanent documentation of patient data.
- Performs EKG's and laboratory testing per CLIA license of the clinic.
- Properly prepares the examination and treatment areas per the provider’s preference.
- Administering basic first aid.
- Operating office medical equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Registration - Medical Assistant (MA) - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners
Experience - 1+ years of Clinical Experience; 1+ years of Healthcare Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.
Make a difference. Every day.
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.