RG is currently building a candidate pool of qualified individuals to perform as CS1000 (CS1K) Telecom Engineers to support government and commercial clients for future needs. Candidates may not be contacted until a need arises. Opportunities may be located throughout the United States for remote and/or on-site work but will likely be based in the Washington DC area. The Engineer supports and maintains end-user installations, configurations and upgrades for Avaya solutions deployed at the customer's locations. Responsibilities may also include support and integration of Avaya adjuncts, including Messaging, SIP solutions and client applications, as well as 3rd party products. Day-to-day activities focus on moves, adds, and changes throughout customer's "Enterprise" VoIP solution from a central location. The candidate may also coordinate with other Avaya engineers and technicians at specified local and remote locations for hardware support, troubleshooting and testing, and product replacement. This may include performing system upgrades and installing firmware updates (patches), as needed.
The Engineer is an exempt customer-facing business professional that provides a variety of information directly to customers for their ongoing programs, new initiatives, strategic planning, and measurement/evaluation in one or more of the customer's solutions. They possess excellent customer service skills, remain current on industry trends, value teamwork, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills. The Engineer will work with limited guidance on projects within defined scope and may work flexible hours when required.
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
* 5+ years of experience in the communications or IT industry supporting product and technology in TDM, VOIP, SIP, Voice Messaging, IP Trunks, UC/CC architectures within Avaya, Nortel, and Cisco environments
* Working knowledge of the software and operating systems used in Avaya/Nortel CS1000 (CS1K) equipment
* Experience with Avaya Aura Communication Manager and System/Session Manager
* Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
* Secret clearance with eligibility to upgrade to Top Secret based on SSBI
* COVID-19 Vaccination
* Robbins-Gioia, LLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. By applying for this position, you understand you will be required to verify you have been, or will be, fully vaccinated within 30 days of hire, or to verify that you cannot be vaccinated due to a disability or medical condition, or a sincerely held religious belief. An individual is considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 two weeks after they have received the second dose in a two-dose series, or two weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine.
Bring the WOW Factor:
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to "Bring the WOW Factor". Below are some of those "WOW Factors" that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
* Top Secret clearance
* Working knowledge of Avaya IP Office system
* 10+ years of relevant experience
* Participation in multiple implementations of complex enterprise systems using multiple vendors
* Avaya Certifications, specifically:
* Avaya IP Office™ Platform
* Avaya Communication Server 1000 for Avaya Aura®
* Avaya Aura® Core Components
* Avaya Aura® Communication Applications
* Avaya Communication Server 1000 for Avaya Aura®
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. EOE, including disability/vets
At Robbins-Gioia (RG), we provide management consulting, managed services, and JFAST software. Our management consulting services combine leading-edge capabilities in management and technology with a seasoned understanding of our clients' missions. Our managed services help our clients maximize their technology investments by providing experienced professionals that complement our clients' strategy and operations. Our JFAST software is a suite of tools that perform advanced planning and scheduling operations and is the most capable intelligent scheduling platform for complex, mission-critical applications.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we partner with our clients to test and refine every solution to meet their exact needs. We take pride in tackling complex management challenges with fresh and innovative insights and in transforming our clients' vision into reality.
- Avaya Ip Phone 1140e
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Operational Systems
- Strategic Thinking