About JLL –
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 86,000 individuals.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for addressing basic/moderately complex employee relations matters, performance management issues, policy violations and interpretation, and investigating and resolving employee complaints and/or conflicts.
What this job involves
- Partner with Business Partners in investigations and fact finding on Employee Relations issues
- Resolve straightforward problems by applying relevant policies, past practices and/or best practices to reach a conclusion, including escalation to Senior Specialist or ER Manager as needed
- Provide consultation, guidance and coaching to Managers and HR Business Partners to address employee behavior and performance concerns, and provide guidance and assist with the development and delivery of appropriate feedback or corrective/disciplinary actions.
- Provide consultation with respect to reasonable accommodations, termination requests, reduction in force and other related areas.
- Maintain required documentation within JLL's case management system including intake and investigation notes, supporting documents and final reports and/or evidence of action taken.
- Monitor disciplinary practices and performance management practices
- Assist with development and deliver training programs as needed. Including training for HRBPs.
- Provide training to HR Business Partners as needed to ensure quality investigations are being conducted and consistent and fair application and interpretation of policies and practices.
- Partner with Labor Relations team in maintaining and executing Risk Assessment and Mitigation strategy.
- Partner with Legal department as needed to ensure JLL policies and practices are in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial or Labor Relations or other related field
- Must have minimum of 3 years of Human Resource experience, 1-2 years years of professional level experience working in Employee Relations and conducting employee investigations
- A good record of conducting high-quality, in-depth investigations into allegations of employee misconduct
- Proficient knowledge of employment, wage and hour, FMLA, and EEO laws and regulations
- Demonstrated computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communications and administrative skills, with high attention to detail
- Results focused with the ability to develop relationships in a decentralized/remote organization
- Effective in exercising good judgment, articulating reasoned rationale for ER recommendations to persuade business partners
- Strong problem solving capabilities and responsive to employee concerns and conflicting stakeholders needs
- Ability to recommend and/or apply appropriate action based on policy/procedure and/or business practice
- History of well-developed integrity and ethical behavior
- Ability to maintain neutrality and calm demeanor in tense / conflict-ridden situations
What you can expect from us
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
Apply quoting reference [REQ58127] at jll.com/careers.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.
Training And Development