Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting contract opportunity with one of our leading clients!
Title: Design Engineer
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Duration: 9 months
Shift: Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Coordinates and conducts research and development and technical studies which will lead to new or improved products under specific marketing, cost, time and regulatory constraints.
- Will determine specific processes and development schedules to meet pre-determined goals and objectives.
- Will monitor and control progress of projects to ensure sound application of engineering principles are used and design intent is being followed/achieved.
- Coordinates with other units, vendors and managers as needed to ensure specific cost, time and/or regulatory standards are met.
- Will evaluate final results of project and provide manufacturing guidance/assistance as needed.
- May participate in the prototype assembly and/or design of sub- or final assemblies of assigned products.
- Will submit periodic reports on assigned topics to appropriate personnel.
- May have contact with customers.
- Will be responsible for ownership of change control process for design changes.
- B.S. of Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum 2-8 Years of applicable experience required
- Demonstrated experience with ProE or CAD.
- Demonstrated technical design and problem-solving skills.
- Exercise discretion and independence when applying professional expertise.
- Must be able to manage time, projects, stress and conflict.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication.
- Must be able to bring tasks through to completion with minimal supervisor.
- Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
- Must be able to analyze and correct complex process and/or product issues using independent judgement.
- Basic project management (small project scope definition, task management, define deliverables) preferred.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Taryn Carbone (URL blocked - click to apply) for immediate consideration.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Computer Aided Design
Complex Problem Solving