You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
TITLE: Data Scientist
Location: Houston, TX
Compensation Range : $90-100/hr
This is a great opportunity to join one of the largest integrated energy and commodity trading companies in the world. We are looking for a hands-on Data Scientist with experience in the energy markets of North America. You will work on building machine-learning models, data visualizations, and other tools for the trading desks.
- Responsible for development and operations of statistical models and tools utilized by trading teams
- ct as in-house subject matter expert for statistical and machine learning related problems.
- Deliver technical solutions to evolve our trading platforms and solve business problems. This involves requirements gathering, identifying priorities, planning tasks and on-time delivery of solutions.
- Work with our internal staff and 3rd party IT consulting teams situated across the geographical locations to ensure solutions meets requirements and delivery projects on time.
- Lead operational excellence evolution: monitoring, alerting, predictive operations.
- BS/MS in Engineering/Statistics/Computer Science/Economics or a related field
- Experience working with energy and financial data, such as energy prices, supply and demand data, and economic indicators.
- Knowledge of energy commodities, especially with North American Gas and Power Markets is a plus
- 3-5+ years' experience developing enterprise level models and applications with cloud-based micro services such as AWS Lambda, S3, ECR, Sagemaker, etc.
- Strong SQL proficiency and understanding of database technologies, such as AWS RDS and Snowflake
- Strong proficiency in Python, with knowledge of common Client and statistical packages such as Scikit-Learn, SciPy, Prophet, etc
- dvanced knowledge of Generalized Linear and Non-Linear Models, Time Series Analysis, Random Forest, Gradient Boosted Machines, Neural Networks
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*W2 employees of ICS are offered comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision.
- Aws Lambda
- Amazon Relational Database Service
- Amazon S3
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Cloud Computing
- Commodity Market
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gaq8z87
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.