To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Karnes City, TX 78118
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ASST WARDEN, FINANCE & ADMIN
The GEO Group, Inc. • Karnes City, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Facility: Karnes County Correctional Center
Compensation Base: $75,000.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Develops, manages, and implements operational procedures and policies for the business and support services functions of the facility. This includes establishing and maintaining accounting procedures, fiscal reporting methods, procedures for payment of invoices and other related activities. Additional support services functions may include: payroll, purchasing, communications, food services, warehouse, commissary, inventory property control, laundry, information technology and insurance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and monitors annual budget. Advises management of budget status.
- Monitors staffing roster, overtime, medical costs and coordinates with Warden to assist in achieving monthly budget throughout the year.
- Directs the work of other employees. This would include selection, hiring, evaluating performance, employee training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action, including termination.
- Directs the maintenance of recording and control procedures involving the collection, evaluation, processing, preparation, submission and reconciliation of accounts.
- Participates in overall facility planning activities.
- Prepares and approves billing documents and submits invoices for payment.
- Reviews and approves all financial and accounting records, transactions, and functions of the facility and inmates.
- Provides for receiving, storing, and accountability of supplies, services, and equipment.
- Maintains census figures, meals served, man-day figures, and other pertinent data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in business related field such as Business, Finance, or Accounting required and a minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a finance-related role required with budget preparation/control or administration of government contracts preferred, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education. (Master's degree in
- business or public administration can substitute for one year of the required supervisory experience.)
- Must exhibit leadership qualities to gain the respect of all employees. Must have the ability and desire to work in a cooperative manner and to make management decisions.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.