PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for Environmental Technician/Scientists to join our Building and Construction team in Rosedale (Baltimore), MD.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Environmental Technician/Scientists will support the Building and Construction business by conducting Industrial Hygiene work in the Metro Detroit area. Duties:
- Asbestos air monitoring
- Asbestos bulk sampling / inspecting
- Lead combinations, inspections, risk assessments and clearances
- Mold investigations / clearances
- IAQ testing
- Report preparation
- Keeps their training / certifications up to date
- Maintains records and prepares reports related to the work
- Participates in all QA/QC programs as appropriate
- Performs other non-typical assignments upon availability as assigned by management
- AS or BS Degree in Environmental Science, Geology, Biology, Chemistry or some Physical Science preferred but not required
- 1-3 years previous experience preferred in asbestos, lead-based paint, and mold monitoring, inspecting, and sampling
- Knowledge of IH and practical environmental concepts, principles, and practices
- Good with a series of specific instrumentation related to sampling
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Product Quality Assurance