Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
Req. ID: 18599
PURPOSE: Mechanically troubleshoot, repair and maintain industrial vehicles and emergency stationary engines. Primarily 1st shift schedule, could include 2nd, 3rd, split shifts, weekends, holidays, 12 hour shifts, on-call. Daily work activity is directed by the Group Leader and a Fleet Mechanic A or B. Reports directly to the department Foreman.
- Performs all tasks under direct supervision.
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect, and maintain industrial vehicles and emergency stationary engines.
- Perform bench work in repairing and maintaining fleet equipment and spare part assemblies.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical).
- Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve availability and capability.
- Performs equipment failure analyses (including preventative and unscheduled maintenance).
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment problems.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs facilities mechanical components and electrical equipment and systems in accordance with SOPs (standard operating procedures), internal requirements, manufacturer's specifications and safety policies.
- Performs miscellaneous manual labor activities (e.g., sweeping and cleaning floors and work areas, picking up papers and refuse from grounds, assisting in the handling of heavy materials, making minor repairs, mowing lawns, and shoveling snow).
- Oversee fleet maintenance contract and service work as assigned.
- Order and maintain spare parts.
- Assist with keeping neat and orderly records on work performed.
- Work with Engineering, Production Team Leads, Foreman, Group Leaders, and fellow tradesmen to accomplish the desired result.
- Adjust schedule and work hours to accomplish the desired result, ability to be on-call and must be able to rotate shifts and work weekends and holidays as required.
- Perform work assignments efficiently while being consistent with good safety practices.
- Assist in procedure/equipment upgrades as necessary.
- Report any maintenance and/or safety issues to supervisor.
- Review, understand, and follow all Company specifications and procedures, and regulatory rules and requirements that are associated with the performance of this job.
- Other duties as assigned by the department Foreman.
SKILLS, APTITUDE AND ABILITIES:
- Associate degree or Certificate in a mechanical technology is preferred.
- Must pass the skilled trade assessment test for this position.
- Must have some knowledge of mechanical troubleshooting including power transmission and fluid power.
- Must have some knowledge of fleet electrical troubleshooting.
- Must have some level of knowledge and experience reading mechanical drawings and service manuals.
- Must have some mechanical aptitude and the ability to work on close tolerance equipment and/or parts.
- Ability to use various measuring devices (torque wrench, micrometers, Vernier calipers, dial indicators etc.)
- Ability to fabricate, weld, or machine parts may be required.
- Excellent attendance required.
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Team oriented, self-motivated, safety and quality conscious; requiring minimal supervision.
- Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- May be required to operate basic shop equipment (hoist, forklift, scissor lift, etc.)
- Must be able to work in confined areas, climb ladders, and work at heights of 50 feet.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.
- Must be willing to continuously improve technical skills and knowledge.
- Must be able to understand and interpret the specifications and procedures related to this job.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Hourly Full-Time
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)