Our people create our best Plexus. WHAT WE DO AT PLEXUS
We're a global team of over 19,000 engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and aftermarket service experts who partner with customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service.
We are passionate about innovating, creating and delivering products that change people's lives. From surgical devices and health monitors to warehouse robotics and space products, we partner with our customers to help create the products that build a better world.
At Plexus, you are more than just an intern. We embrace your innovative ideas and collaborative thinking. You play a critical role in our success as we continue to grow as a global organization. WHY WE LOVE IT
Engaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that inspire and empower you to realize your full potential. A workplace centered on inclusion and collaboration. At Plexus, we're at our best when opportunities are met with passion, open communication and teamwork. HOW YOU WILL DO ITCOMPANY PROFILE
We are creators. Innovators. Engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and service experts passionate about building a better world. When you join Plexus, you'll be part of a collaborative, imaginative team of problem-solvers. You'll partner with leading companies across the globe to bring exciting, life-changing new technologies to their customers.
Plexus is a global company where you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. You can deliver solutions to our customers through visionary products that protect lives, discover elusive answers, help people and cultures connect, and revolutionize how we experience the world around us. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands-on internship experience - with a career at Plexus, you can make a real difference.OVERVIEW
The IT intern will have an opportunity to work in a diverse environment powered by some of the most known technologies including Cisco, Microsoft, VMware, Citrix and Linux. This position will have exposure to these technologies and more while working with some of the most knowledgeable and experienced technologists in the area. In this role, the IT Intern will be involved with system maintenance efforts, new system deployments, developing or updating best practices, system automation or assisting in daily IT support functions. Plexus is a company that prides itself on Excellence, Leadership and Customer Service; you have an opportunity to be part of an industry leader.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure user satisfaction by resolving routine operational issues regarding areas of expertise or assignment, utilizing Plexus policies and procedures.
- Utilize strong problem solving skills to resolve Service Now tickets and document the process taken to each resolution.
- Review monitoring systems, applications and business services for alerts; analyze performance data to present metrics.
- Support Plexus' Lean initiatives by being involved with efforts of continuous improvement.
- Participate in maintenance and code deployment outage windows.
- Partner with existing staff to deploy, test and document the delivery and implementation of new or upgraded solutions.
- Partner with existing staff to enhance, maintain and support existing hardware.
- Follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data.
- Student working toward a Bachelor's degree or Associates Degree in Computer Science or MIS for entire duration of internship.
- Junior level status
- GPA: 3.0 or higher is preferred
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. persons." "U.S. persons" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
- Business Process Improvement
- Citrix Systems
- Customer Service
- Information Technology