SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
- Receives, records and inputs all pertinent information regarding client samples
- Facilitates the expedient release of samples to Operations for analysis
- Ensures the Quality Management System is maintained in accordance with ISO 17025 standards
- Monitors client sample submission and identifies new sample matrices or testing profiles
- Maintains records of all sample handling and data input upon receipt
- Identifies and reports
- Provides client COAs or partial COAs as required
- Receives supply shipments and records any inaccuracies in the Vendor Deviation Log
- Maintains and tracks sample retain
- Responsible for retrieving, logging, and recording sample retests
- Verifies receipt and shipping of all brokered samples and completes required documentation
- Maintains a fair and positive work environment
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Execution of assigned responsibilities or tasks relative to quality work to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance to ISO 17025 standards are maintained.
- Organization, effective communication, commitment to the quality system and continuous improvement.
- Follows all health and safety regulations
- Adheres to all Company Policy
- Maintains and Promotes the Team Environment
- 2-year degree in microbiology, related field or equivalent experience.
- Effective problem prevention and problem solving skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills necessary to cross multiple disciplines.
- Computer Skills
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Quality Management Systems
Complex Problem Solving