The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results. What will I be doing?
***The location for this position is Denver, CO.***
As the Manager, Destination Marketing, you will work to develop and execute a regional marketing strategy for Denver. Your responsibilities will include supporting the market lead in developing a strategy and approach for defined destination(s); building in-market relationships and partnerships in line with business goals; driving traffic and reach through a content plan; leveraging destination assets and relationships to support group business; communicating the value of destination marketing and the Hilton marketing engine to key internal and external stakeholders; and handling business KPIs in support of commercial performance. You will be successful if you have market knowledge, business intuition. Creative thinking is also critical to this role.
More specifically, you will:
- Support the development of tailored annual marketing plan aligned to seasonality, key demand drivers, tentpole events and business needs.
- Cultivate and demonstrate key in-market relationships, partnerships and resources (CVBs, DMOs etc.)
- Execute partnership activity, including placements in partner marketing channels, social media, content development, contests/sweeps, hospitality/client entertaining, exclusive discounts, etc.
- Support organic content strategy and curate unique and engaging content that supports our SEO goals and inspires consumers for their next trip.
- Provide support to all hotels in the destination to optimize their online and offline hotel presence with a particular focus on growing book-direct revenue and channel mix.
- Support group business goals within the destination by executing group business activations.
- Promote destination marketing activities and the benefits of the Hilton marketing engine to destination hotels, internal partners, management companies and owners.
- Support market communications through a series of regular, established touchpoints (in person, phone, webinar, newsletter).
- Conduct joint planning with hotels as appropriate to ensure tight integration, including scheduled destination-level marketing meetings covering trends, insights and performance.
- Perform budget management activities, including reconciling and tracking annual spend against the budget.
- Support the Northwest team with reporting. This includes being the go-to thought partner on analytics needs, particularly for the Tableau environment.
- Partner with colleagues in other primary and secondary destinations to build outbound source-market activity across markets while building and sustaining an ambitious and agile team culture.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for visionaries, who are passionate about creative promotions and who love to have the opportunity to create dynamic campaigns. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Reciprocal and social team members, who build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems
- Self-starters, who take initiative in handling goals, utilize analytical skills and possess adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who take ownership of projects, effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
- Respectful team members, who possess a strong work ethic, partnership and high degree of integrity
- Motivation to approach all your tasks with enthusiasm, seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance
- Consistently demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal supervision on specific projects within agreed time limits
- Thrives in an interdependent work-culture
- Ability to be flexible, respond quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you and the ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Creative problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems, exhibiting your fine attention for detail
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Four (4) years of experience in Digital Marketing, Online Marketing, Media Marketing, Integrated Marketing Strategy or eCommerce experience (SEO, Paid Search) with at least one (1) year of experience as a manager or above
- The ideal candidate will be based in Denver, CO.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Analytics experience
- Travel - 25% of the time
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Four (4) years of experience working in a complex corporate environment
- Specific project management education or experience with demonstrated results for business performance and accountability
- Hands on experience with Adobe and Tableau
- Knowledge of direct marketing, advertising and media planning
- Hospitality and/or travel industry experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Provide Expert Consumer Insight
Drive Development Strategy
Execute Marketing Plan