To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Westminster, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Finance
Knorr Brake Company • Westminster, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Knorr Brake Company is the innovative leader in the manufacture and supply of braking systems, passenger doors and climate-control equipment for all types of Mass Transit customers such as: METRO, Light Rail Vehicles, High-Speed Trains, Commuter Rail and Monorail Vehicles for the North America market. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! KBC Careers
The Director of Finance is responsible for the financial well-being of the organization. The Director of Finance needs to be proactive and involved in the business, not reactive and reticent. The Director of Finance is partnered with the company’s executive management: analyzing and improving business processes, developing organizational management systems, managing business opportunities, risks and providing insight into value-generation through financial analysis and proposals.
The Director of Finance is responsible for insuring that the KBC companies are being accounted for in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), US GAAP, and German GAAP. The position oversees the integrity of the Financial Statements, Cash Management, Benefits, Insurance, Equipment /Building Leases, Contract Oversight and Payroll. This function also oversees the IT Department and is the L4 process driver for the KB REX Program.
As an Officer of the company, the position is also responsible for preparation and presentation of the semi-annual Board of Directors Meeting materials and holds the additional role of Secretary for the Company.
The position has a dotted-line relationship with the CFO for Bendix in Elyria, Ohio, and the VP of Finance for Rail in Munich, Germany.Required Skills
- Responsible for compliance with IFRS, US, Canadian and German GAAP.
- Overall financial control of the business units, which encompasses the interpretation of operational results from the records maintained by the unit.
- Provides leadership & direction to the Finance & Controlling function and administration to local IT team members.
- Manage the company's general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cost accounting and control, and payroll functions of the SBU.
- Oversee the interim and yearly external audit, review and analyze results and recommend for approval the audited financial statements.
- Ensure compliance with all tax and other statutory reporting. Prepare transfer pricing required by the tax auditors.
- Develop Finance and Accounting team goals that are fully aligned with the annual company goals.
- Responsible for analyzing and interpreting operating results for all functional areas as they affect the financial results of the company. Including the setting of annual overhead rates and department rates.
- Responsible for safeguarding, maintaining and interpreting the Company's assets and financial records in a manner that properly reflects the state of the business. Including the governance and oversight of all capital investments.
- Coordinate all banking, currency requirements, insurance, and guarantees through the Knorr Brake Holding Corporation. Review financial solvency of vendors and customers.
- Ensure appropriate legal review of contracts and solicit external legal advice as required.
- Provide a leadership role in strategic business decisions throughout the Company. This may include corporate acquisitions, joint ventures, plant consolidations, closures, etc.
- Administration of IT resources, projects, and preparation of local IT budgets within the KBC SBU, including collaboration with the NA Regional IT Shared Service for goal setting, project priorities.
- Develop policies and procedures to insure compliance and control.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual to meet the business’s changing needs.
- Must be able to follow instructions, safety & environmental rules and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of total business ERP and financial forecasting systems
- Strong business acumen
- Working knowledge of IFRS, GAAP & tax laws
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Planning and Organizing
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible Accounting and Finance experience required, including a min. of 2-5 years of financial management experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with sales over $100M desirable.
- Experience working for a global company and SAP experience is a plus.
Some High School (years)
High School Diploma
MBA Degree or CPA
What does Knorr Brake Company have to offer you?
- Competitive Health Benefits
- Company Paid Life and Disability Benefits
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401 (k) Plan
- Educational Assistance
- Free Passes to Local Attractions
- Free Gym memberships
- Additional Discount Offerings
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Company Paid Holidays
- Monthly Employee Welfare Events and Volunteer Opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.