The Maintenance Technician must be able to perform the repair, maintenance, restoration, and replacement of various components of the physical structure of buildings. Maintain and repair locks, locking mechanisms, closers, doors, HVAC and controllers. Maintain and complete documentation for fire extinguishers, fire suppression systems, building alarm contacts, and other building systems. Maintain and repair single phase electrical breakers, switches, receptacles, junction boxes, conduit, lights, and ballasts. Maintain and repair plumbing components including toilets, urinals, lavatories, flush valves, water fountains, sinks, drains, water heaters, piping, and sump pumps. Prepare, prime and paint building interior and exterior surfaces. Perform general Handyman tasks to maintain buildings.
Reports to: Facility Manager
Account Location: Washington DC
• Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts
• Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment
• General interior maintenance – hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems
• Plumbing repairs
• Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, and general maintenance as assigned.
• Complete assigned system generated work requests for services on a daily basis and within established time frame
• Basic HVAC knowledge – maintain, troubleshoot, and repair to HVAC units in corporate settings and IT server rooms.
• Maintains order in mechanical, electrical, work stations, and storage area.
• Manage inventory for basic building supply needs such as light bulbs, paint, ceiling tiles, carpet tiles, etc.
• Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
• Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
• Respond effectively to all emergencies.
• Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
• Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
• Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
• Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
• Documents work performance and materials procurement as directed.
• Evaluate and recommend areas of improvement within events team.
• Conducts meeting room/classrooms inspections of assigned properties/facilities with special attention to flooring, lighting, décor, conferencing A/V and supplies, and other fixtures and equipment to detect deficiencies proactively. Places work orders within a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) as necessary to correct issues and improve overall event activities.
• Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Maintenance Mechanic role
• Working days are 40 hours per week Sunday-Thursday with occasional overtime and weekend work
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
• Completion of an applicable technical training program is desirable, have a minimum of one (1) year of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical.
• Detail oriented
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and complete multiple work assignments within time constraints on a regular basis.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in person, by phone or by email
• Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
• Ability to work independently and accomplish tasks/projects with little supervision.
• Exceptional customer service skills and attention to detail
• Must have ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Ability to use ladders up to 28 ft,
• Role requires occasional weekend work with advanced notice
• Mechanical and electrical aptitude
• Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
• Candidate must possess and provide own basic hand tools required to perform assigned work scope
• Computer proficiency
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see URL blocked - click to apply or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.