**Must be at least 18 years old to be considered.**
At AutoNation, getting customers back on the road is what drives us. We’re looking for a Paint Technician Trainee to join our team. As a Paint Technician Trainee, you’ll assist the Paint Team Lead with painting various vehicle body parts in accordance with quality standards. Your patience and high-quality craftsmanship make you a valuable asset to the team as you ensure work surfaces are properly prepared, and your keen eye for detail helps you deliver top-notch work to delight our customers.
What are the daily job responsibilities?
- Preparing vehicles and parts for painting, with direction from Paint Team Lead.
- Masking parts that are not to be painted or coated.
- Sanding and priming vehicles and parts as appropriate.
- Removing rust and grease from work surfaces.
- Mixing all paint and chemicals according to manufacturer directions/specifications.
- Review all work with painter.
- Understanding and following federal, state, and local regulations that affect Collision Center operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA guidelines, etc.
- Gaining superior product knowledge to provide high quality repairs.
What are the requirements for the Paint Technician Trainee?
- ICAR certification (preferred) or interest to become certified.
- OEM certification (preferred) or interest to become certified.
- Must have a valid, in-state driver’s license with an acceptable, safe driving record.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
What are the opportunities for career growth?
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development after success in a Paint Technician Trainee role. Future opportunities may include:
- Paint Team Lead
- Paint Technician
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented. Career opportunities are dependent on business and staffing needs, as well as the qualifications of internal and external candidates.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance (w/ flex spending options)
- Company paid cancer coverage and life insurance for full time employees
- Employee discounts for both internal & external vendor products/ services
- Opportunities for professional development & certification assistance
- Hazardous Materials
- Defensive Driving
- Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)