We are seeking a Project Manager to join the JLL team supporting our client in New York, NY. The Project Manager delivers project management services on assigned JLL client projects while providing superior client service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute project specific and client driven goals, schedules, budgets, strategy and detailed assumptions.
- Build and maintain rapport with client representatives and ensure that the scopes of project and outside business forces affecting the project, specific deliverables and performance standards are fully understood.
- Coordinate any necessary due diligence efforts on behalf of the internal team, project partners, clients and/or end users, maintaining and delivering all appropriate documentation.
- Develop a detailed project budget based on historical and market data and clearly defined set of budget assumptions.
- Guide the client and team through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documentation and signoff.
- Develop and maintain Master Project Schedules and manage the successful execution of projects so that completion falls within intended time-frames.
- Prepare various RFP’s needed for vendor and contractor services as well as manage the contractor, vendor selection process.
- Develop procedures for distribution, receipt, opening, levelling and award of projects and services.
- Manage vendor and project team performance to ensure compliance with contractual requirements, all regulating entities and client expectations.
- Identify, manage and mitigate areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Management Committee and Region Manager.
- Contribute where needed and/or requested by JLL Management Committee, Region Manager or Market Lead in the refinement of best practices of standards of excellence for the business unit and JLL overall.
- Assist in training and developing Jones Lang LaSalle team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation. Insure that Team Lead is fully and accurately informed of all project, internal and client issues affecting the perception of the local, national and global reputation of the firm.
- Assist Local PDS Team in meeting AGM numbers on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee.
- Directly responsible for enhancing team revenues through the maintenance and expansion of existing client relationships and by developing new relationships.
- Ensure that all accounts receivables are maintained at a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance, the project team and/or the Regional Operations Manager.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5 to 8 year’s work experience as a Project Manager in Engineering, Mechanical, Infrastructure, Facilities, Construction Organization or similar role.
- Firm knowledge of construction, architecture or commercial real estate industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with executive level internal & external clients.
- Organizational & detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage the differing needs of the business.
- Strong working knowledge of architectural drawings and furniture and space planning concepts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed.
- Assumes complete responsibility for assignments of moderate complexity and continues to aggressively improve skill base.
- Certifications preferred include LEED, AIA, PE, PMP.
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience preferred.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at URL blocked - click to apply.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at URL blocked - click to apply