To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA 90058
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Representative - Los Angeles, CA
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID: 149594
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is the leading supplier to the glazing, architectural, railing, construction, industrial, and automotive industries. Offering more than 60,000 products, we serve the industry from locations throughout North America, Europe, and Australia.
Serve customers by providing product and service information, resolving product and service problems, and process orders. Serve as an ambassador (customer advocate) between the customer and the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain broad knowledge of clients, products, and services
- Document customer interactions and transactions
- Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy
- Accurately process phoned, faxed and e-mailed orders.
- Data entry of faxed, emailed and phone in orders for production
- Coordinate between sales and production to meet customer deadlines
- Communicate with customers to determine expected delivery date and time.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustments; following up to ensure resolution
- Assisting sales staff with expediting orders and communications with the production floor
- Answer the telephone and direct callers to appropriate departments
- Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner
- Participate in educational opportunities internally and externally to enhance knowledge of product and job skills
Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
To be considered for the Customer Service Representative position, the following conditions must be met:
- A minimum of 1-year previous customer service experience
- Strong organizational and listening skills
- Ability to work overtime if required
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work with deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment to meet required deadlines
- Must be able to communicate effectively and conduct themselves professionally, with excellent written and verbal communications
- Able to read and perform mathematical calculations, and write measurements in number fractions at a high school education level
- Ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and specifications
- Computer experience a must and typing of numbers with accuracy
- Previous customer service experience in glass industry preferred
- This position is a largely sedentary; however, caution needs to be taken when listing files, boxes, opening file cabinet drawers, desk drawers
- To avoid injuries to hands, back and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at desk/workstation
- Primarily works in an office environment with a controlled climate
- Ability to perform light hand activity work at a computer/telephone station in an office environment. Position is primarily sedentary.
- Some duties may involve being in a plant environment where noise levels can be moderate to high and be subject to the same general climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.)
- Chemicals, dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls and PPE
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company’s hazardous communication program
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
C.R. Laurence Co., a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.