At Vibra Healthcare, we're on a first name basis. Our managers greet you by your first name and know why you’re passionate about healthcare. Throughout your day, you collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to create a course of recovery for the patient you know so well.
Vibra Hospital of Western Massachusetts in Springfield is currently seeking Mental Health Counselors - MHC's - to join our team on our DMH Unit!
Per Diem shifts now available!
The MHC is responsible for participating as a member of the mental health team on an inpatient Mental Health Unit. Provides direct patient care including treatment planning, implementing plans, evaluating treatment, discharge planning, and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum four (4) years of mental health counseling experience in a health field required.
- Must be able to assist in the physical restraint of disturbed patients.
- Current CPR certification required.
Additional Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in counseling or related field preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members and with inpatient psychiatric population.
- Ability to remain calm under stress or in emergency situations.
- Ability to interact with people who are under physical and / or emotional stress.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Our recruitment team wants to get to know you. Share your passion!
Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with our hospital.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist (Lmft)
Licensed Professional Counselor (Lpc)
Community Mental Health Services
Substance Abuse Counseling