To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
11548 Lone Peak Parkway
Draper, UT 84020
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Larry H. Miller Automotive Division • Draper, UT
Posted 2 months ago
The Payroll Administrator is expected to
- Protect the legal, financial and moral well being of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies;
- Accurately process dealership payroll to ensure proper employee compensation and in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations;
- Administer company leave, FMLA, insurance benefits and employee programs consistently within the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies' guidelines;
- Assist in educating employees on all applicable and current company procedures, policies and benefits to ensure legal compliance;
- Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful;
- Seek ways to improve business operations efficiencies and customer service.
Maximize profit retention, financial reporting and personnel administration.
- Accurately process payroll while utilizing the ADP system and procedures to ensure appropriate pay, deductions and on time receipt of each paycheck.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable local, state and federal wage and hour laws and payroll systems to achieve alignment with benefits.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions etc.) for management.
- Process and maintain new, existing and terminated employee documentation to retain accurate personnel information and ensure legal compliance.
- Accurately enroll newly eligible employees within the company's benefit programs, 401(K) and insurance regulations.
- Maintain ability to handle job stress and effective interaction with others in the workplace.
- Assist to resolve employee issues within Larry H. Miller Group of Companies' guidelines.
- Handle and resolve employee issues within Larry H. Miller Group of Companies' guidelines.
- Practice methods of time management to provide a consistent and efficient work flow.
- Perform all other job duties as requested by management.
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
- Maintain composure within the workplace as well as outside the workplace when representing the Company.
- Set an example of positive attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
- High school diploma or the equivalent, preferred.
- 2+ years of previous payroll experience.
- Proficiency in computer software applications, such as Microsoft Excel and Word. Desirable; knowledge of Larry H. Miller Group's current company payroll and management systems.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Desirable; HR experience.
- Detail oriented.
- Professional communication skills.
- Basic- ability to read and write.
- Speaking- talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active listening skills- taking the time to understand the points being made by employees and customers.
- Social Perceptiveness- being aware of other's reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
- Must maintain a valid Motor Vehicle Record within company policy requirements.
- Work performed in office and dealership settings due to the necessity to work in person with employees and supervisor.
- Required to lift up to a minimum of 10 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, talk, hear, use hands and fingers and move about facilities.
- Required vision include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Adaptability- the individual adapts to changes in the work environment manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem solving- the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyses information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills- the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Leadership- the individual demonstrates ethical and followership behaviors which promotes Larry H. Miller standards resulting in a cohesive and effective team.
- Compliance- the individual understands and adheres to all Company standards, state and federal laws and regulations as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies or business partners.
- Customer Service- the individual understands his/her role in providing excellent customer service through the defined Larry H. Miller processes which promote efficiencies, fairness and cost effectiveness.
- Ethics/Integrity- the individual represents the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies by conducting his/her self in a professional and courteous business manner that demonstrates integrity and avoids the actual or perception of a conflict of interest.
- Oral Communication- the individual clearly identifies and professionally expresses issues in positive or negative situations.
- Planning/Organizing- the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality- the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability- the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security- the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and dealership management reserves the right to do so at any time. Employee shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.