The Miller Charge Nurse is responsible for the effective overall management of the nursing units and management of the nursing staff, under the direction of the Director of Nursing. Assures the level of quality of nursing care given to all residents is within standards established by the facility. Provides and insures delivery of the highest quality resident centered care in a timely, efficient, accurate, safe and consistent professional manner to assist residents in achieving maximum independence, social interaction, sense of identiy and choice. Provides Quality Service in accordance with policies and procedures with dignity, respect and privacy. Maintains a safe secure and clean environment for all customers.
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing.
License or Certification Requirements:
- Current RN registration in the State of Illinois/or application thereof with current work permit.
Work Schedule: Afternoons
Location: Miller Nursing Home
- Actively participates in nursing department meetings, town meetings, employee opinion surveys, provides communication and feedback with development, implementation, and evaluation of delivery of care, Miller Center and RMC health system initiatives
- Actively participates in preparation and management of nursing department budget according to facility guidelines and under the direction of Administrator
- Advises Director of Nursing and directs allocation of nursing service equipment and supplies within the facility and establishes guidelines for efficient, economical utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Ensures availability of equipment for nursing personnel providing direct resident care. Assesses equipment and supply needs and makes recommendations to administration.
- Assesses resident care needs daily and assists in the development and initiation of individualized plan of care. Evaluates resident care as unrelated to individualized residents needs, family involvement, and the physician's plan of care for the resident.
- Assists director of nursing in preparation and presentation of employee performance evaluations and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Assumes responsibility for nursing service compliance to federal,state and local regulations. Interprets existing policies and procedures to nursing staff, residents, families, physicians, and ancillary departments.
- Assumes responsibility for obtaining continuing education relating to care of the geriatric resident and nursing administration.
- Audits required Medicare and Medicaid assessments and related documentation. reviews and revises resident plan of care as required or necessary to reflect changes in interventions or resident condition.
- Completes management reports and special assignments completely, accurately, and adheres to established time schedules.
- Conducts resident rounds regularly during assigned tour of duty and identifies problems and situations that require intervention. initiates corrective action as necessary. Reports concerns identified and corrective action taken to Director of Nursing, ADON, or appropriate department.
- Consults with Admission Coordinator to make level of care determinations, based on physicians' recommendations and plan of care to keep facility in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. Implements facility admission, discharge and transfer procedures and supervises coordination with other departments, physicians, residents, families and community agencies. Verifies that all related documentation is accurate and complete.
- Demonstrates consistent ability to manage nursing service concerns, emergency situations and immediately initiates lifesaving measures as necessary in the absence of a physician.
- Directs and supervisese scheduling of employees and establishes guidelines for allocation of nursing personnel on duty.
- Communicates daily with nursing personnel, providing clear, concise information and specific delegation of duties.
- Establishes open lines of communication with consultants and consistently takes follow up action on recommendations i.e. Pharmacy and Dietary
- Evaluates resident needs, staff needs and provides educational specialist with comprehensive recommendations concerning the educational needs of nursing personnel based on identified needs, staff needs, federal and state regulations.
- Identifies safety hazards and initiates corrective action. Reports safety hazards identified and corrective actions taken to the Administrator and Director of Nursing.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment for residents and staff.
- Responsible for equipment assigned for resident care is clean.
- Reports and removes any equipment that is not functioning properly.
- Understands and implements the principles of infection control, consistently using standard precautions and washes hands after each resident contact.
- removes and disposes of gloves after each resident contact.
- Notifies physician, when necessary, of changes in resident's condition, weight, medication errors, medications not available, abnormal labs, x-rays and other unusual observations in a timely manner.
- Obtains report from nurse he/she is relieving and records sufficient information to implement appropriate follow-up action as necessary.
- Provides report ot nurse coming on duty, including sufficient information for follow-up action as necessary.
- Participates in facility education programs including, but not limited to, orientation and in-service of licensed and unlicensed personnel.
- Conducts counseling/education sessions with nursing personnel on assigned tour of duty as delegated by Director of Nursing Service and/or Educational Specialist
- Provides and fosters environment of professional resident centered care, following established standards and practices in the delivery of care and treatment.
- Supervises and evaluates the implementation of resident rights.
* Registered Nurse
* BACHELOR SCIENCE NURSING
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Corrective And Preventive Actions
Registered Nurse Certified