Apex is hiring a Care Manager in Sacramento, Woodland Hills, Chico, Imperial and San Bruno CA. For early consideration, please email an updated resume to Jessica Bush at [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
Objective: The Care Manager is responsible for providing care management services to beneficiaries with planned admissions to acute care hospitals, or to those transitioning from case management or disease management programs. Systematically identifies and addresses fragmented care for patients with acute, real-time needs and tailors interventions and services to fill gaps and produce optimal clinical outcomes cost-effectively.
- Pre-Admission Counseling Contacts patients with upcoming hospital admissions and discusses expectations.
- Assesses patient’s condition to understand illness or injury and evaluate ability to follow treatment plan.
- Advises patients of probable length of stay and helps anticipate and arrange for services at discharge.
- Admission Care Works with physicians and hospitals to enforce treatment plans and orders.
- Ensures patient receives specialty care and tests as ordered.
- Contacts medical team members to discuss patient’s course of progress and needs.
- Arranges for and coordinates health care team services, avoiding duplication and conserving benefit dollars.
- Evaluates need for and authorizes equipment, supplies, and services.
- Identifies problems and acts to anticipate and avoid complications.
- Instructs patient and family in proper care and refers patient back to physician or other health care team members as needed.
- Identifies plateaus, improvements, regressions and depressions, and counsels accordingly.
- Coordination of Care Conducts hospital visits.
- Confers with physician to clarify diagnosis, prognosis, therapies, daily living activities, and to share information.
- Authorizes recommended modalities of treatment.
- Investigates and suggests alternatives appropriately.
- Documents case summary in Transitional Care Plan and shares appropriately with beneficiaries and providers.
- Facilitates beneficiary transfers among regions and collaborates with military liaison to minimize disruption care or services.
- Coordinates basic benefit.
- Identifies and submits modifications, requests for exceptions or special programs as warranted.
- Coordination of Financial Services Assesses patient’s benefit plan coverage and limitations.
- Negotiates cost-effective rates for provider services by contacting multiple providers and comparing specialty item costs, researching and identifying required equipment, and pursuing contracts accordingly.
- Suggests medically appropriate alternatives that accomplish treatment plan goals more cost effectively.
- Post Discharge Follow-up Contacts patients within 48 hours of discharge to ensure sufficient support for full recovery.
- Ensures proper receipt of equipment, home health and other services.
- Assesses compliance with medications and follow-up appointments.
- Assists patient in coordinating transportation and other basic needs, and in navigating the health care system effectively.
- Graduate of Nursing program, BSN Degree preferred, or Graduate in Clinical Psychology or Clinical Social Work.
- 8-10 years of experience
- Must have and maintain current, valid and unrestricted Registered Nurse, Clinical Psychologist, or Licensed Clinical.
- Social Worker license.
- State Driver’s License
For over 20 years, Apex has been connecting top professionals with positions at great companies in contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. We support thousands of job openings per year at companies across North America.
As an employee of Apex, you are valued and part of the Apex family. We provide each employee with an industry-leading benefits program that is designed to support your health, your planning for the future, and your career development.
Apex has resources to support your long-term career and personal development through internal development programs, technical seminars, certification preparation, and certification exam vouchers.
Apex offers several benefits and resources for their employees:
- Health Insurance
- Vision and Dental
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k options
- Training and Development Programs
To learn more, visit our website: [ Link removed ]
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] - ||
Registered Nurse Certified