To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
780 South 5600 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Administrative Assistant III
KAR Auction Services Inc • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Reporting to the designated manager, the administrative assistant will provide support to ensure efficient operation of the office in accordance with corporate guidelines to ensure maximum dollar sales volume in the most profitable way possible. This position supports managers, employees and customers through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication and is responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish daily tasks. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide excellent customer service:
- Practice and promote company Core Values.
- Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention.
- Maintain a professional appearance, orderly work environment and friendly disposition by greeting others.
- Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer complaints or disputes.
- Resolve customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the manager of all serious complaints or incidents.
- Maintain a good flow of communication with all the auction departments.
- Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
2. Daily Responsibilities:
- Assist customers either in person or on the phone in a courteous, professional manner.
- Field phone calls and direct them to the appropriate department.
- Mail titles and proceeds to customers
- May mail chargers for purchased hybrids.
- Take payments in the form of cash, checks, wires, money orders, cashier’s checks and credit cards for purchased units and miscellaneous Accounts Receivables.
- Print daily reports and customer documents including gate passes for customers that have paid vehicles.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail.
- Enter title information into applicable platform.
- File titles in designated areas and separate units that are paid, not paid or floor-planned.
- Communicate with customers, managers and other employees on a consistent basis.
- Make sure gate passes have gone to security or the designated department.
- Compile information needed for various reports and assist in coordinating project-oriented duties at the direction of the manager.
- Maintain various files and confidential data; produce confidential reports and correspondence for the manager.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the sales inventory as requested by the customer.
- Make sure all department area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to management immediately. Practice proper loss prevention and reaction procedures. Report all incidents properly and immediately.
- Perform all duties assigned by the manager.
- May make occasional trips to the tag office and post office
- Make sure all outgoing USPS mail, FedEx and UPS is placed in the proper area ready for pick-up.
- May unlock and lock front doors daily.
- Make sure gate passes have gone to security at the end of each day.
- Send and receive faxes.
- Operate copier, mail/postage machine
- May be responsible for purchasing office equipment for various departments.
- Monitor all working area conditions and equipment to ensure they are within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and safety. Advise Facilities of all breakdown and maintenance needs immediately.
4. Operations Department – Specific Responsibilities and Skills:
- Maintain all work orders and billed properly.
- Coordinate work flow by ordering and distributing needed parts.
- Close work orders and certification paperwork.
- Locate vehicles.
- Communicate directly with account coordinators.
- Scan invoices, file paperwork, generate reports and maintain log books.
- Coordinate vehicles towed to the body, detail and mechanical shops.
5. Fleet Lease Department – Specific Responsibilities and Skills:
- Support Fleet Lease Account Admins with their responsibilities and provide backup in their absence.
- May be responsible for managing assigned Fleet Lease account vehicle transfers daily, which entails communicating with the receiving auction and transporters as needed, printing gate passes and generating reports.
- Responsible for processing payments on all the marshaled vehicles.
- Assist with maintaining files, printing and verifying individual vehicle labels.
- May be responsible for assisting with vehicle redemptions as needed, including posting fees, generating invoices, communicating with the customer and submitting paperwork back to the client.
- May be responsible to work as a block clerk on sale day as needed.
Admin Asst I – Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One (1) to two (2) years of administrative support or similar experience preferred.
- Strong typing and computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook, AMS, V-Trace and Auction Trac.
- Well-organized and responsible with an aptitude in problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
Admin Asst II Qualifications:
- Must have qualifications in Level I.
- Must be able to perform all Level I responsibilities and skills.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of administrative support or similar experience required.
Admin Asst III Qualifications:
- Must have qualifications in Level I and Level II.
- Must be able to perform all Level I and Level II responsibilities and skills.
- Five (5) plus years’ experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• The physical activity requirements of the position are from Light Physical Work.
• Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions.
- Constant – sitting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, listening
- Frequent – reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs.
- Occasional – kneeling, stooping, crouching, repetitive motions
- Potential – climbing, running, jumping, yelling, or other rapid or forceful movement in emergency situations
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with automobile operations and emissions.