Biologist (DNA Sequencing Experience)
South San Francisco, CA
KELLY Scientific would like to present an exciting contract Biologist opportunity at a biotechnology product development company in South San Francisco, CA.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a multi-disciplinary group advancing the Ion Torrent next generation sequencing platform. You will play a vital role toward our mission of enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Perform biology and chemistry related activities on the Ion Torrent sequencing platforms.
- These activities may include production and characterization of samples, instrument support, surface chemistry, sequencing, microscopy and data analysis
- Interact within Chemistry R&D, Product and Process Development groups, Semiconductor Device Fabrication R&D, and others Develop new analytical tools and assays as needed to analyze data, derive conclusions, document findings and prepare reports for sharing within and between R&D groups
- Conduct experiments and troubleshooting activities to support new product development and resolve technical issues Assist with preparing protocols, reports, and test methods
- Maintain detailed records and documentation
- Experience working in a lab environment Experience in a structured workflow manufacturing, QC, GXP, etc. is highly desirable
- Experience with common molecular biology techniques used with DNA Experience with microscopy and image analysis
- Knowledge of next generation sequencing techniques is highly desirable
- Experience with programming languages R, python, etc.
- Anticipate needs and problems while creating solutions and not always instruction-based
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a can-do attitude
- Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with the status quo
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity Collaborates with others and strong orientation towards team work Embraces and leverages diversity of culture and thought
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- BS in materials science, chemistry, physics, biology, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a lab environment
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Product Quality Assurance