The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepares in-depth financial analyses and research to support and facilitate timely management decisions and/or financial reports or statements. Analyzes and evaluates financial implications of business decisions or transactions on financial results. Researches, evaluates and interprets financial data using advanced and emerging financial techniques and tools. Develops and manipulates complex financial models for support and analysis of business initiatives. Works with departments to ensure an understanding of financial consequences resulting from various actions. Provides support for internal and external auditors by preparing complex analytical schedules, responding to inquiries, researching issues and implementing recommended changes. Develops, designs, tests and documents system changes or upgrades. Represents finance on corporate teams and initiatives.
Responsible for providing consulting services to internal customers through participation in small to medium projects or corporate initiatives.
Provides support in the facilitation and monitoring of the financial segment of projects/department initiatives. Prepares in-depth analyses of statistical and financial data compared with peers, industry, corporate targets and history. Develops and recommends appropriate cost accounting methodologies. Assists management in defining corporate policies relating to the authorization procedures and establishment of standards for forecast and budgets processes.
Prepares senior/management reports and analysis. Provides significant support to the implementation and ongoing activities of the ACG Enterprise Risk Management process, including: conducting interviews with key ACG subject matter experts on a periodic basis, assisting management with the coordination of risk assessments, researching emerging risks, maintaining the electronic risk inventory system, etc. Supports the capital modeling process and assists management with the preparation of regulatory and board materials and submissions.
Produces executive-level presentations and coordinates with various teams across the enterprise.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Managerial reporting (preparing, reviewing & analyzing).
- Data collection, analysis and development of business forecast and budget
- Analysis of business segments within corporate environment
- Developing cost/benefit alternatives as part of a business case analyses
- Prepare an in-depth analysis of statistical and financial data compared with peers, industry, corporate targets and history
- Developing and implementing finance/business projects including cost justification, proposals and risk assessment
- Application of various financial techniques to produce reports facilitating management decision making
- Analysis of product profitability, pricing and other complex mathematical analysis
- Developing/implementing business simulation/models
- Master's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Familiarity with insurance statutory accounting
- Extensive experience with IBM Cognos TM1 or equivalent managerial reporting & planning software
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- Experience as a Financial Analyst or Senior Financial Analyst
- preparing and developing financial/managerial reports
- using automated managerial reporting & planning systems and/or management reporting systems
- preparing, analyzing and interpreting in-depth analyses of financial and or statistical data
- model development and manipulation using Microsoft Office products
- overseeing and guiding assigned individual deliverables to successful completion
Knowledge and Skills:
- communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- analyze complex financial data
- demonstrate decision making and problem solving
- derive actionable conclusions from analyzing data and information
- participate on project teams
- work independently
- work irregular or extended hours as required
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.