To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Herndon, VA 20190
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Analytics Statistician
Dun & Bradstreet, Inc. • Herndon, VA
Posted 21 days ago
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
In D&B’s Predictive Analytics Government Solutions group we are creating visionary solutions to complex government issues, often before the government can even see their own problems. We’re taking big data to big government to create efficiency in agencies large and small. We’re designing processes and tools to improve the government operations of today and tomorrow in areas including healthcare fraud, tax analysis, acquisition and procurement, and economic development. We make government run better, faster and smarter; spending taxpayer dollars more wisely, and delivering better government to citizens.
Our team creates and offers a unique entrepreneurial environment for talented, creative, independent hunters. We offer a challenging environment developing and expanding our business across strategic Federal agencies, and one that gives you the opportunity to take the content world’s largest private database of business information and to create new solutions for government.
- Master’s degree in a Risk related field (Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Math/Stat, Operations Research, etc.) with 2 to 3 years of applicable experience
- Strong Python/R programming skills with the deep knowledge of numerical and statistical packages, ability to apply common procedures and data manipulations, write functions and learn new packages when necessary
- Strong SQL skills and experience
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Experience translating business problems into technical solutions that yield actionable recommendations, in a variety of federal domains such as risk management, product development, marketing research, supply chain, and public policy
- Strong client collaboration skills, including the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, potentially C-level executives
- Willingness to travel to client locations as needed
- Creative and inquisitive in nature, flexibility to learn and apply new methodologies
- Engage clients with the D&B colleagues to identify their business needs and develop, implement, and manage solutions through Agile prioritization and Efficient Growth.
- Participate in all aspects of a modeling engagement, including design, development, validation, calibration, documentation, approval, implementation, monitoring, and reporting
- Research complex business issues and recommend solutions, including model inputs and end products
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on predictive models within the Advanced Analytic Services team and with business users; consult with the business, as appropriate, on predictive modeling solutions
- Conduct analytics to validate the performance of existing quantitative risk models and recommend changes when necessary
- Develop a solid working knowledge of how current systems and data sources are used in existing predictive modeling projects; Drive timely retrieval of risk analytics data from existing system to create algorithms that meet business needs
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, many of which with challenging timelines
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate effectively in a team environment
- Experience working with very large datasets
- Strong business acumen, especially in Financial Services Industry Experience in underwriting, risk, statistical modeling roles
- Ability to program in other statistical analysis languages
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].