To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cincinnati, OH 45202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mgr, State Gov't Accounts Team
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Cincinnati, OH
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
Position can be based in States East of the Mississippi River
The State Government Account Team Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage State Account, Business Development and Program Managers directly in all phases of the State Government account program to ensure maximum sales growth, compliance, productivity and customer retention within a specified geography. Manages the targeting of State Government opportunities to ensure proper market penetration and that the program is in line with MSC Strategy. This includes but is not limited to State-wide programs, local/municipalities, national/local purchasing cooperatives and education opportunities.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies/qualifies strategic high-level dollar State Government account prospects with State Government procurement offices.
- Makes contact with appropriate management levels within potential client organization to propose and secure new State Government accounts.
- Prepares and delivers high-level level sales presentations that address the prospective clients’ needs and leads to establishment of new State Government accounts.
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes information on targeted high-level dollar State Government accounts and competitive activity associated within these accounts for use in potential proposals/contracts.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with established State Government accounts to increase existing business and ensure a world class client relationship.
- Represents State Government accounts in cross-functional initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains a working relationship with key MSC Marketing, Product, Human Resources, IS, E-Commerce, Legal and Accounting department associates to continuously keep abreast of current trends and new products/services.
- Works with Market and Branch Managers, and Field Sales associates to develop strategies for specific account penetration and to drive customer’s State Government procurement message to local facilities.
- Submits to management all required sales and expense reports.
- Sells and promotes MSC’s comprehensive value basket and all additional services to clients.
- Develops a departmental budget and ensures adherence to budget.
- Takes corrective action when needed.
- Develops, with the Director of Government Sales and Senior State Account Manager, State Government account strategy to align with MSC corporate sales and marketing strategy.
- Manages the relationship between the State Government Sales team, CSC Administration and field sales. Performs all duties inherent in the role of MSC Manager as defined by the MSC Code of Conduct including hiring, termination, review, and development of associates.
- Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Represents Government Accounts in high-level field/sales management and CSC meetings to convey Government Account direction and strategy.
- Educates/promotes selling techniques and guidelines for Government accounts to MSC outside sales and branch sales managers to increase program awareness and sales.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or the equivalent.
- Minimum of five years industrial/manufacturing sales experience including two years sales management is required.
- Relevant State Government experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of MSC-like product lines and services and Government/National account identification and large account maintenance techniques are required.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills and techniques are required.
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, coaching, and team building skills are required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required.
- Substantial knowledge of e-business as it relates to Government/national accounts is required. Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel extensively is required.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.