To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hickory, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Retail Sales Merchandiser Part Time
Advantage Solutions • Hickory, NC
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Retail Sales Merchandiser (RSM) is responsible for servicing and selling to retail accounts within an assigned territory to ensure Client standards are met and volume is increased.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Sales and Merchandising
- Maintain Client objectives by ensuring secondary placements of product(s) are fully stocked, correctly signed, properly faced, and set to schematics
- Shelf Standards and Conditions: authorization of items to meet Client shelf schematic standards
- Meet Client and Company objectives by maintaining full distribution on existing SKUs.
- Take direction regarding tagging, rotating, and placing POS materials for products on shelf
- Prepare for and respond to audits
- Manage time and prioritize for store call coverage
- Complete accurate and timely paperwork and reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
- May provide feedback for Client audit objectives
- Communicate effectively both internally with Advantage Solutions management and externally with all customers
- Build rapport with Clients and Customers
- Field questions and proactively develop action plans to resolve issues
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Performs the job safely utilizing proper equipment and safety techniques
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor related to the position/department
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
Travel up to 20%
Must maintain current and valid driver’s license and valid proof of current insurance.
Minimum QualificationsThe following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Basic knowledge of retail merchandising and/or selling
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Aggressive self-starter with a strong bias for action and results orientation
- High sense of urgency; strong drive and passion to win
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills; position requires daily discussions with customers at all personnel levels.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently, but also successful team building skills
- Demonstrate good judgment and show respect for others
- Works cooperatively with others toward common group objectives, demonstrates respect for the ideas and contributions of other team members, cultivates positive relationships with other associates, and provides assistance and support to others
- Ability to communicate with email and basic internet skills
- Adaptability to changing demands, priorities, circumstances and directions
- Demonstrate commitment to meet or exceed customers’ expectations
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions. Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: 'To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services.'
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.