This position is local to the DFW market. If you do not reside locally, you must be willing to relocate. We are offering a $5,000 sign on bonus to external candidates!
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The practice of Mammography is performed by health care professionals responsible for the administration of ionizing radiation per designated Scope of Practice by Certification for diagnostic, therapeutic or research purposes. A Mammographer performs radiographic procedures at the request of and for interpretation by a licensed independent practitioner. Mammography integrates scientific knowledge, technical competence and patient interaction skills to provide safe and accurate procedures with compassion. A Mammographer recognizes patient conditions essential for the successful completion of procedures, must demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology and medical terminology. A Mammography Technologist should, within the boundaries of all applicable legal requirements and restrictions, exercise individual thought, judgment and discretion in the performance of procedures.
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, and age specific and other developmental needs of each person served
- Receives relays and documents written and electronic orders in the patient’s medical record.
- Corroborates a patient’s clinical history with procedure and ensures information is documented and available for use by a licensed independent practitioner
- Verifies informed consent for applicable procedures
- Assumes responsibility for patient needs during procedures
- Applies principles of ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) to minimize exposure to patient, self and others
- Evaluates images for technical quality, ensuring proper identification is recorded, correctly formats images, prints films/CDs, and/or sends images to the (Picture Archiving And Communications System) PACS system
- Identifies and responds to emergency situations
- Provides education to patients, families and other health care providers
- Performs ongoing quality assurance activities
- Is knowledgeable of and adheres to all regulatory requirements surrounding the use of ionizing radiation and associated equipment
- Applies the principles of patient safety during all aspects of patient care
- Determines appropriate technical exposure factors
- Analyzes the information obtained during the assessment phase and develops an action plan that identifies and selects appropriate procedure protocol based on the ordered procedure
- Adheres to the American Society of Radiologic Technologist Clinical, Quality and Professional Performance Standards as outlined in the appropriate Scope of Practice
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
This is a USMD Clinic near West I-20 / Corner of Matlock / Imaging Center for Breast Health
1 weekend per month required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiological Sciences
- Must have current ARRT (R)(M) Registry and be MRT certified by the Texas Medical Board
- Must meet continuing education requirements to maintain credentials at all times
- Current BCLS certification
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Associates degree in Radiological Sciences
- Three or more years’ experience as a Radiologic Technologist / Mammography Technologist
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: USMD, Healthcare, Bilingual, Mammography Technologist, Radiology, RT, MRI, ARRT, MRT, AMA, C-Arm, DEXA, Arlington, Dallas, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie, Mansfield, Irving, Cedar Hill, Garland, Royse City, Bedford, Greenville, 76063, Texas, TX