GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately owned security services company offering a wide range of highly focused business solutions including leading-edge security services and cash solutions. In over two decades, our work has taken us from our home base in Montreal to the oil fields of Iraq, and embassies across Africa. We’re also present in financial institutions in the US and airports in Canada. We operate across a broad range of sectors, including financial services, infrastructure, natural resources and retail. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies and governments with people and assets deployed around the world. Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, our 62,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Africa and the Middle East. In today’s complex world, security has become a vital concern for everyone and is the foundation of our present and future success.
The Manager, Worker’s Compensation & Leave Management will report directly to the Director, Human Resources & Compliance, and be responsible for managing and monitoring GardaWorld’s Workers’ Compensation and Leave Management programs. Implement all matters of the Worker’s Compensation program, including claim investigations, settlements, and litigation. Responsible for developing and collaborating successful partnerships among employees, third party administrators (TPAs), internal business partners and external service providers. Manage Leave of Absence and Worker’s Compensation program through strategies, policies, compliance and best practice, ensuring the effective delivery of leave administration for the company. Collaborate with the broader HR Team and operations leaders to identify trends, process improvements and system needs for all types of leaves.
• Ensure business is compliant with state specific Workers’ Compensation regulations and GardaWorld policies and guidelines.
• Act as the point of notification and contact for employees regarding any incident or injury that could or has resulted in a Workers’ Compensation claim.
• Point of contact for all documentation regarding incidents, including but not limited to internal safety notifications, investigation details, as well as any information relevant to the claim from medical providers.
• Assess the medical and vocational needs of an injured employee via a combination of face to face, telephonic and written correspondence as needed.
• Provide all relevant documentation regarding work related incidents to OSHA and TPAs, to assist in the determination of compensability, recordability and recording keeping requirements. This includes determining mechanism of injury, work restrictions, and managing the information related to work related injury/illness.
• Initial and ongoing point of contact to internal and external business partners for the duration of the claim.
• Point of contact for all written and telephonic correspondence related to Worker’s Compensation and leave of absence.
• Communicate with providers to review treatment notes, request clarification when necessary, follow-up after initial appointments as well as scheduling appointments in conjunction with TPA if a referral to a specialist is required.
• Ensure confidentiality of Workers’ Compensation claims records; including relevant health information related to the claim.
• Ensure that the TPA manages the claims diligently, partner with Finance and Legal (internal and external) to manage relevant claim details and implement plan for timely resolution of claims.
• Review medical notes as they relate to the claim and treatment to verify appropriateness.
• Review claims together with TPA for causation and possible subrogation opportunities.
• Partner with multiple departments to coordinate and manage Return to Work programs for employees to ensure that work restriction and transitional work guidelines are being adhered to. Provide transitional work letter to employees.
• Maintain consistent uniform records for each claim.
• Review all open claims every 30 days for opportunities for claims management and partner with all relevant parties on a plan of action.
• Partner cross functionally to proactively address any reoccurring root causes.
• Schedule, develop agenda, and host all conference calls and claim reviews with TPA.
• Review all medical providers and/or panels annually and ensure GardaWorld is in compliance with state guidelines regarding panels.
Where applicable, ensure all appropriate authorization and forms are signed and processed. HR Leave Administration: Responsible for leave administration, transactional, and vendor management activities including supporting leave of absence and return to work, complex life-cycle transactions for employees in relation to Family Medical Leave, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability. Administer and coordinate family and medical leave, family illness requests, absences, activities, and requests. Enter transactions, data, and employee information into HRIS system as needed. Collaborate with the Benefits and Payroll Teams to support leave of absence activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
• 5-7 years Worker’s Compensation experience in a claims or risk management role
• Demonstrated knowledge of Workers’ Compensation claims management related laws and medical and legal terminology
• At least 3 years’ experience in Leave of Absence Administration
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, and Risk Management and Claim Management Systems Professional Skills:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and written with employees and outside partners, recognizing and appropriately responding to others’ perspectives
• Well organized, detailed oriented, and able to adjust to changing priorities
• High level of tact, ensuring confidentiality of information when required
• Self-motivated, determined, and able to work under own initiative
• Strong analytical and interpretive skills
• Able to work independently or in a team environment
The job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
GardaWorld offers competitive wages and a great benefits package for full time employees: medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401K plan and much more!
Candidates must meet the company's hiring criteria to include a pre-employment background investigation and drug test. Physical exam and other testing may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug free workplace.
Attention To Detail