KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Director IT Enterprise PMO
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Director IT Enterprise PMO, through partnership with IT and business functions, will lead the strategy and implementation of cost effective technology solutions for all aspects of business functions, including analyzing business issues, identifying root causes, and development solutions. This includes strategic initiative planning, such as developing IT roadmaps and priorities for the IT portfolio and projects. He/She will have oversight for the execution of IT projects through leadership of a project management team deployed to various projects. Additionally, this position will be responsible for defining and governing the Global IT Portfolio Management process.
- Engage with business and IT leadership to develop business cases for improvements enabled by process changes, data, applications, and technology with a target of creating global, common solutions.
- Quickly understands business issues, data, and application challenges and provides IT solution recommendations; develops functional specifications for systems/solutions
- Overall responsibility for project execution including prioritization, schedules, tracking, and budgeting; helps realize profitability of IT investments
- Provides high level of business engagement and consistent delivery of high quality services to the business organization; responsible for ongoing improvement of internal customer experience
- Leadership of project management team including directing work, coaching, and building talent
- Work closely with the CIO and other IT leaders to define, refine, and monitor global processes for tracking and creating visibility for project demand
- Collaborates with all locations and functions. Ensures sharing of best practices and continuous improvement of our project management and portfolio management processes.
- Responsible for the global IT portfolio management process including process/procedure definition, tool enablement, working with IT groups to create the portfolio, and engagement with senior executive business leaders to set priorities for what portfolio projects to execute
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- 10+ years of experience in an IT or business leadership capacity; at least 5 years of which has been in IT project/program management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Management, IT, or related field
- Experience leading and executing project, program, and portfolio management
- Experience managing contractors, vendors, and other outsourced providers
- Ability to engage and influence senior leadership across multiple functions and geographies
- Willingness and ability to play provide both strategic leadership and hands-on execution
- Proven ability to manage relationships with internal customers and drive results through execution
- Cultivates and builds talent of a team
- PMP/PMI, TBM, ServiceNow certifications preferred
Benchmarking (Project Management)
Business Process Improvement