Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
* Performs specialized legal research and writing in support of work in the Criminal Division supporting the General Crimes section.
* Performs research/analysis using databases such as Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw, Law Enforcement Online (LEO), National Crime Information Center (NCIC), Justice Telecommunications System (JUST) and National Law Enforcement Communication (NLETS).
* Research is complex and may include the analysis of statutes, legislative intent, judicial precedents, agency rules and regulations, and law review articles as they related to assigned cases to include those of an especially complex or unprecedented nature.
* Analyzes legal decisions, opinions, rulings, memorandum, and other legal material relating to relevant points of law as dictated by the nature of the case assignment.
* Utilizes Automated applications such as IPro Eclipse or Relativity to assist with electronic discovery processing, tagging, indexing and organizing of large volumes of discovery.
* Assists with inquires received from Pro se defendants, court staff, law enforcement and other government agencies where applicable.
* Examines and evaluates information in case files based on the department's standards for case litigation worthiness and appropriate titles of law.
* Draft's pleadings, Grand Jury Indictments, motions, correspondence, proposed orders, decrees and other legal documents.
* Drafts legal memoranda reflecting facts, sources and citations.
* Prepares factual material such as summarization of financial and other documentary data for evidentiary purposes.
In preparation for trial the Supervisory Paralegal will:
* Summarizes deposition testimony.
* Assist with case scheduling tasks, witness interview preparation and overall coordination.
* Aids with the Organizes exhibits, subpoenas, evidence and visual aids for use in grand jury or trial.
* Prepares and organizes trial notebooks for use during courtroom appearances.
* Briefs attorney on pertinent facts, issues, and case law associated with case.
* Must be able to obtain and Maintain a government security clearance.
* Requires a paralegal certificate, three (3) years of direct litigation experience related to specialized section, and at least one (1) year of automated litigation support experience.
* Must have knowledge of Federal and State court systems and have hands on experience using legal research databases such as Lexis and WestLaw.
* Applicant must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
* Familiarity with industry standard legal citation styling and prior citation checking experience is required.
* Excellent written and oral communication is a must.
* Must be able to work in an office setting where some walking, siting, standing, bending and carrying of small office items is requires.
* Occasional overtime may be required with prior approval.
* Familiarity with ESI tools such as Relativity and other related tools is required.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
- Eclipse (Software)