To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reston, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
BD Director - Federal Health IT
Octo Consulting Group • Reston, VA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The BD Director is to identify, qualify, and secure new contracts across a broad spectrum of Federal Health Agencies. The successful BD Director will lead the capture of new business awards through developing teams and solutions responsive to the customer needs, leveraging superior intelligence on existing work, teaming with the right partners, and proposing innovative and compelling solutions to meet customer requirements. The capture director will capitalize on the company’s established range of service offerings for Federal customers, all delivered via industry best practices and processes. The candidate will develop strategies (i.e. win themes; management solution; technical solution; teaming; pricing); coordinate corporate resources; build teams of subcontractors; assess competition; present decision gate briefings to executive management; manage bid and proposal funding; from the decision to bid to the post submission phase of an opportunity. Will coordinate with proposal development; contracts; pricing and oversee bid completions. Will participate in special projects as required. Develop strategies (i.e. win themes; technical solution); coordinate corporate resources; build teams of subcontractors; assess competition; present decision gate briefings to executive management; from the decision to bid to the post submission phase of an opportunity.
The BD Director shall:
- Have a proven Track record capturing large opportunities in the Full & Open market, as well as GWACs/IDIQs vehicles •
- Collaborate with executive leadership, account managers, and technical groups to coordinate business development activities
- Use his/her established network in Federal agencies to actively meet with potential clients, identify new business opportunities, and serve as Capture Manager for identified pursuits
- Actively contribute and command a winning proposal process, interacting closely with internal service centers including proposal operations, pricing and contracts, as well as other organizations
The ideal candidate will be experienced in developing a pipeline to include new IT Services opportunities within the Federal Health arena, and have demonstrated success in gaining awards, and growing revenue, focused on multiple opportunities in the $25 million range or larger.
The BD Director should possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with at least 7 years of Government IT services related experience
- A proficiency in the MS Office Suite and possess excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Proven skills in all areas of capture, including assessing win probability and value for opportunity targets, capture strategy and planning, building winning teams and solutions, pricing to win, and capture process schedule adherence
Additional qualifications include:
- Demonstrated record of federal agency client stewardship and capture/business development accomplishments
- Experience in business development activities associated with identification, qualification, full capture and bid activities, and the knowledge to transition new business opportunities into operations
- Experience in proposal pricing methodologies and strategies
- Experience in managing and contributing to winning proposal content
- Sound business ethics
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Experience with business development tools and resources such as GovWin or similar is preferred
- Capability to work as a collaborative team leader, as well as work within a team as a contributor
- US Citizenship Required with ability to obtain Secret level clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Information Technology or equivalent experience
About Octo Consulting Group, Inc.
Octo Consulting Group (Octo) is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
Other Considerations: This position is W-2 only; no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates. Relocation will not be offered. Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
For more information please visit: