TITLE: Supply Chain Planner / Analyst
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
DIRECT REPORTS: None
REPORTS TO: Sr. Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Planner / Analyst runs the tactical planning process for Mahindra's whole goods tractor, implements and UTV portfolio. This role is responsible for working cross-functionally to achieve business objectives by matching supply against demand, analyzing demand plans across various product model groups and developing material supply / replenishment plans, assembly production plans and inventory requirements across Mahindra's north American assembly and distribution centers. A key focus of this 'hands on' role is to coordinate the planning and movement of direct materials (components) so that they are available at the right time, right quantity, right location and at optimal inventory level.
This position will mainly entail, but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Manages and reviews inputs and generates outputs that establishes the proper inventory levels and controls (min./max. levels, lead times, etc.) of the ordering process to ensure that procured materials, WIP, finished goods, consignment, in-transit etc. meets both division and company inventory goals.
- Work closely with supply chain and operations teams to establish dispatch and delivery priorities based on consensus demand plan, customer orders, interplant demands, replenishment lead-times, inventory and material and capacity constraints to provide an achievable weekly / monthly production and revenue plan.
- Coordinates material supply and production plan deployment across multiple assembly distribution centers to achieve revenue, dispatch, and service goals.
- Provide updates to senior leadership in Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (SI&OP) reviews on adherence to plan, root causes of delays, risks and recommendations.
- Analyze product segmentation and DC stocking norms by product group and set appropriate stocking levels while meeting required service / fulfillment goals.
- Monitor performance of the replenishment plan on a daily / weekly basis. Identifies risks and/or opportunities within the supply plan and execute necessary changes in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with finance and sales to perform sensitivity analysis of supply plan taking into consideration various business constraints, costs, and demand requirements.
- Support and influence initiatives to drive continuous improvement, agility and visibility across the supply chain by leveraging existing / new technologies and best practices.
- Collaborate closely with product management, sales and marketing on new product introductions, closeouts and model year changes to ensure material readiness and zero obsolescence.
- Report and analyze KPIs to identify key opportunities and improve supply chain performance.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in supply chain, engineering, math/statistics or business with minimum 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Professional certification in one or more supply chain / logistics functions a plus (i.e. CSCP, CPIM).
- Strong understanding of supply chain fundamentals, including MRP, production planning, capacity planning, inventory optimization, and physical distribution.
- Experience with planning and transactional systems. Experience using SAP MM, PP, APO/IBP advanced planning tools required.
- Understand volumes at various levels of aggregation. Knowledge of the supply chain and the impact of demand planning on supply chain performance. Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint.
- This position must demonstrate strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and technical skills along with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management within and outside the company.
- A well-developed ability to deliver presentations to management, with summary of detailed analysis and recommendations for action
- Must possess solid judgement and work autonomously from established goals and established key performance indicators (KPIs). Strong follow-up and delivery on commitments.
- Must speak and write fluent English.