UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Clinical Practice Consultant (Sr CPC) is responsible for assessing practices for Integrated Care provider practice transformation or for those providers participating in UnitedHealthcare’s (UHC) Health Home Programs for Community and State. The CPC will meet providers wherever they are on integrating medical and behavioral healthcare in their practice and assist them with enhancing collaborative relationships that create shared care planning and provide collaborative care for the members served by the practice. The selected candidate will guide practices in achieving targeted goals. The CPC is accountable for driving practice progress toward desired transformational change and performance improvement.
If you are located in Honolulu, HI, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
The Six Health Home Core Services are:
- Care Coordination - Cross system care coordination activities to assist participant’s in accessing and navigating needed services
- Care Transitions - Proper and Timely follow-up care to prevent avoidable readmission after discharge from an ER and inpatient facilities
- Referral Management - Identification of available community based resources and actively managing referrals, assistance to the beneficiary in advocating for access to care and engagement with community and social supports related to goal achievement documented in the Health Action Plan (HAP) through the use of information technology services
- Health Promotion - Begins with the commencement of the Health Action Plan (HAP), demonstrating use of self-management, recovery and resiliency principles using person-identified supports. Addressing gaps in care
- Individual Support - Support the beneficiary to access and navigate the healthcare and social service delivery system as well as support health action planning
- Family / Caregiver Support - Support to the beneficiary’s family and/or caregiver to access and navigate the healthcare and social services delivery systems as well as support health action planning
As the single point of clinical contact for a practice, the CPC will be responsible for communicating progress towards achievement of targeted goals to Senior Leadership both within UnitedHealthcare and at the practice.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience
- 4+ years of combined experience with improving clinical quality, health care analytics, or driving clinical transformation initiatives with population health programs or utilization review in a Managed Care setting
- Experience in interpreting and utilizing clinical data analytics, outcomes measurement in healthcare and use of that data to drive change
- Experience working with and collaborating successfully with senior level leadership
- Experience leading groups and strong presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel between 25-75% for face to face meetings (varies by market)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area (Requires valid driver’s license)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master's Degree
- Active, unrestricted RN license in the State of Residence or Licensed Behavioral Health specialist
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience implementing Clinical Practice Transformation initiatives designed to help provider or hospital groups achieve large-scale health transformation goals
- Community Safety Net Provider Systems of Care experience
- Strong Relationship building skills with internal and practice teams to drive goal alignment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Clinical Practice Performance Consultant, Social Worker, Mental Health Professional, LMHC, LCSW, LMSW, LMFT, LMHP, CASAC, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Honolulu, HI, Hawaii