To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sergeant Bluff, IA 51054
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
CF Industries • Sergeant Bluff, IA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department:AH21B Maintenance& Engineering, Exempt
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
Job Summary:This position is accountable for providing technical support to Engineering, Operations and Maintenance for the plants electrical and instrumentation systems and to provide design input for projects. The Electrical Engineer will create and develop designs by analyzing a technical problem, field checking and specifying applicable equipment and developing cost and scheduling estimates. The engineer is responsible to ensure design safety by incorporating applicable codes and standards and sound engineering design practices.
Key Job Elements:
- Provide daily maintenance support to I&E technicians and operations to solve plant problems.
- Provide long-term preventive/predictive maintenance program support to assure continuing reliability.
- Review the content of maintenance work packages to assure conformance to applicable regulatory codes, standards, and best practices. Facilitate knowledge base and skill training for appropriate CF personnel and develop on site competencies of the I&E technicians
- Provide electrical and instrumentation engineering designs for assigned projects. This may include directing and reviewing the work of outside engineering firms and/or developing in house design and construction packages.
- Develop capital and expense budget requirements related to electrical system reliability projects, preventative and predictive maintenance programs, and repairs.
- Prepare project authorization documentation including cost estimates, project justification, schedules and execution plans.
- Manage and support Management of Change (MOC) process for documenting any changes to instrumentation and electrical equipment. Coordinate all documentation changes with the engineering/drafting department. Evaluate site power requirements, including performing short circuit analysis, arc flash and protective device coordination studies.
- Provide project start-up and other troubleshooting support for multiple projects.
- Manage on-site contractors to ensure construction activities meet safety goals, budgetary requirements, quality control, and schedules.
- Support control systems engineer and technicians with their efforts to maintain and upgrade the plant’s process control systems.
- Identify training requirements and exercise opportunities to gain knowledge of plant equipment and increase skill level.
- Support site EHS activities through compliance with all environmental, health and safety policies/procedures, and through active participation in EHS programs and initiatives
1. Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with a minimum of 5 years related experience
2. Experience in a chemical processing environment and Management of Change.
3. Must be able to enter plant operating sites utilizing ladders and platforms in excess of 100 feet, entering confined spaces, utilizing all required personal protective equipment.
4. Strong leadership, interpersonal and effective team skills.
5. Good general knowledge of PC software applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook and able to utilize an electronic maintenance management software.
6. Works in a safe manner that promotes EHS goals of the plant and the company.
7. Strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision making skills.
8. Capable of handling several projects and support activities simultaneously.
9. Previous experience in a technical role with vast expertise in instrumentation and electrical system reliability, troubleshooting and design.
10. Working knowledge of medium voltage (5-15kV) and low voltage electrical equipment, including switchgear, MCCs, VFDs, motors, etc.
11. Working knowledge of process instrumentation, valves, and analytical equipment.
12. Working knowledge of industry codes & standards, including NFPA, API, IEEE, NEMA, UL, ANSI, etc.
13. Working knowledge of control systems including distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), historians and advanced process control functions is a plus.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html.
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.