To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lathrop, CA
- Save Mart Supermarkets
- Phone: (209) 548-6510
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Driver - SMART Refrigerated Transport, Lathrop, CA
Save Mart Supermarkets • Lathrop, CA
Posted 18 days ago
Driver - SMART Refrigerated Transport - 2400 Louise Ave., Lathrop, CA 95330
The Driver drives a tractor-trailer combination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver products to and from warehouses, stores, and other designated locations. Drivers also work to provide excellent customer service and safely assist with unloading and reloading the trailers. This position is responsible for a timely delivery of product, comprehension of various transportation documents, and operating necessary mechanical controls on all tractor-trailers while demonstrating safe driving practices. The Driver interacts with customers in a professional manner and maintains effective communication regarding customer problems and requests.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Transports product to and from retail stores and distribution centers
- Responsible for the safe operation of equipment (tractor and trailers) in accordance with all local, state, federal, DOT laws and company standards
- Inspects vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues
- Reports to assigned dispatcher and Transportation Supervisor on daily basis for route instructions
- Documents and logs work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Maneuvers truck into loading or unloading position, following signals from loading crew as needed
- Collects and verifies delivery instructions
- Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic/magnetic form
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Counts freight from third-party vendors for backhauls
• May load and unload trailers; Wraps goods using pads, packing paper, and containers, and secures load to trailer wall using straps
• Fastens chain or binders to secure load on trailer during transit
• Inventories and inspects goods to be moved
• Obtains customer's signature for services
• Drives truck to weigh station along route to document weight and conform to state regulations
• Performs other duties as assigned
Location: Lathrop, CA
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Proven working experience as a truck driver
• Ability to use the onboard computer system to assist in tracking the load from start to destination
• Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
• Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
• Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
• Ability to Inspect equipment, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
• Good written and oral communication skills
Education: High School Diploma (or G.E.D.)
Experience: Must have a minimum of 3 years of Class A tractor trailer driving experience on public streets/highways.
Physical: This position requires frequent physical movement, to include standing, sitting, bending, stooping, walking, climbing, kneeling, reaching, handling and rotation. Heavy lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling may be required of objects and/or equipment
• Must possess and maintain a permanent Class A commercial driver's license
• Must be flexible to work any 5 days of the week including holidays and weekends
• Must satisfy driving record requirements
- Medical, dental and Vision
- Retirement Savings plan 401(k) with Company Match.
- Flexible Hours (Shift Work): Including Weekends
- AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays
We are looking for food enthusiasts passionate about practical yet innovative solutions to support our California rooted organization. Historically, Save Mart has been recognized for innovating new standards in the grocery business in addition to always taking the extra step to make service a daily principle. Today, we continue many traditions that elevate our brand, engage our communities but most importantly, take care of our customers and employees. We love what we do and invite you to join our efforts as we bring fresh products and extraordinary service to the communities in which we serve.
Save Mart operates stores throughout the Central Valley, San Francisco Bay Area, and Northern Nevada under the names of Save Mart, S-Mart Foods, Lucky, and FoodMaxx. Save Mart also owns three distribution centers and SMART Refrigerated Transport, a trucking firm that transports dry groceries, frozen foods, ice and novelties to all of Save Mart's stores.