Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset and we’re always on the lookout for inspirational leaders who know how to get the best out of their team. As the Branch Manager, you will provide leadership for our ocean freight and freight forwarding products. You will be the functional lead for strategic development within the overall market, as well as the product champion for ocean freight and OWL non-vessel-operating common carrier (NVOCC) initiatives. We’ll count on your skills and years of experience to be a strong advocate of our company values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Direct and manage all ocean freight, NVOCC and freight forwarding services in the branch
- Meet or exceed established business and profit growth targets; remain accountable for product P&L at the branch level
- Establish and ensure operational implementation and compliance with processes and procedures for handling the ocean freight product
- Maintain strategic relationships with appropriate ocean carriers and negotiate contracts, including pricing and service standards; manage the vendor (carrier) base to ensure strategic compliance with pacer goals and objectives
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Enhance and grow new business opportunities with established customers; develop new customers in the market
- Develop and implement new product and service offerings to meet customer needs in alignment with their goals and objectives
- Work with staff members to ensure individual and branch KPIs are met
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of experience in operations for a carrier, freight forwarder/NVO and/or consolidator/Third-Party Logistics (3PL) organization
- Experience in the European trade markets with an understanding of other Europe-related trade lanes
It’d be great if you also have:
- Solid existing relationships with the ocean carrier industry
- Sales experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop, manage, lead and communicate effectively with team members
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Third Party Logistics
New Product Development